Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

THE cure for the wimpy 3.8L...

Old 02-10-2010, 06:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

now how cool is that thing....!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's fantastic!!!! Simple, million dollar idea. They need to get Vince from slap chop to market that in the States!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:06 PM
JK Jedi

Anyone remember the external KC speakers from the late 80's that were in a KC light housing? They would be a perfect match for this new "motor mod."
Old 02-11-2010, 04:06 AM
JK Freak

I was pulling out the credit card to purchase this and read a customer review from a amazon...

I was kind of excited about this silly little gadget, considering I was looking to use it for a bit of fun on my month-old Mercedes E350 Coupe', not a low end beater! I had had a similar idea about 6-7 years ago, and I was thrilled and bemused to see someone actual carry out something like this, I thought it was a cool little gadget.

When the package arrived today, I immediately read the instructions on how to sync the device to the car's FM radio, and the engine revolutions. The instructions are simple and easy to follow enough, no complaints there. The device easily synced with my FM stereo, and the idling was fine. It also seemed to sync-up when I revved up the engine, per instructions. However, as soon as I started pressing the accelerator again, the device starting revving up and never followed the engine up or down, getting "stuck" on the same engine level at around 3,000 rpm. I repeated the procedure a couple of times, same results. I then tried it on my other car, a Toyota Echo: same results exactly. I had ordered two of these (the V-8 and the V-10), and they both behaved in the same way. On top of that, frankly the sound itself is pretty fake and "electronic", it does not have the depth and tonality of a real engine.. it's sounds tinny and "synthetic", which of course it is.

So all in all, even though I'm still amused at the ingenuity of the inventors, I am disappointed that neither of these worked for me, and will be returning both units.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by JoeBlob
I was pulling out the credit card to purchase this and read a customer review from a amazon...

I was kind of excited about this silly little gadget, considering I was looking to use it for a bit of fun on my month-old Mercedes E350 Coupe', not a low end beater! I had had a similar idea about 6-7 years ago, and I was thrilled and bemused to see someone actual carry out something like this, I thought it was a cool little gadget.

When the package arrived today, I immediately read the instructions on how to sync the device to the car's FM radio, and the engine revolutions. The instructions are simple and easy to follow enough, no complaints there. The device easily synced with my FM stereo, and the idling was fine. It also seemed to sync-up when I revved up the engine, per instructions. However, as soon as I started pressing the accelerator again, the device starting revving up and never followed the engine up or down, getting "stuck" on the same engine level at around 3,000 rpm. I repeated the procedure a couple of times, same results. I then tried it on my other car, a Toyota Echo: same results exactly. I had ordered two of these (the V-8 and the V-10), and they both behaved in the same way. On top of that, frankly the sound itself is pretty fake and "electronic", it does not have the depth and tonality of a real engine.. it's sounds tinny and "synthetic", which of course it is.

So all in all, even though I'm still amused at the ingenuity of the inventors, I am disappointed that neither of these worked for me, and will be returning both units.
well that's too bad.....
Old 02-11-2010, 09:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeBlob

It has to do with how well the alternators filtering is. Ours apparently has some pretty good filtering, which is what causes it to not work right. Which is a bummer. Try it on an older vehicle.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:32 PM
JK Freak

omg lmao i want one
Old 02-14-2010, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:32 PM
JK Newbie

Haha thats amazing
Old 12-27-2010, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I needed this before christmas!!

Quick Reply: THE cure for the wimpy 3.8L...