Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

CSF radiator

Old 04-15-2013, 05:18 PM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CSF radiator

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	447330

Here is my 4 month old CSF radiator. Coolant pouring out of it. CSF says I have to deal with the company I bought it from. The company only does emails, no phone calls. I have a feeling this not going to be a quick and easy ordeal. That is the rear of the rad with the fan off. no damage.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:00 PM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsp
Attachment 447330

Here is my 4 month old CSF radiator. Coolant pouring out of it. CSF says I have to deal with the company I bought it from. The company only does emails, no phone calls. I have a feeling this not going to be a quick and easy ordeal. That is the rear of the rad with the fan off. no damage.
Received an email today and they are sending out a new radiator . Should get it Monday.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I purchased the same CSF radiator and mine now has a leak after 8 months. I found several people that purchased CSF radiators that leak after a few months. Those lucky enough to get a replacement, typically develop a leak as well. I STRONGLY urge anyone looking at radiators to stay clear from CSF.

They look good, but develop several leaks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	168562-md.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	586127
Old 11-30-2014, 06:43 PM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mean the stock plastic radiator is superior to this? Maybe I should rethink my anti-plastic jihad...
Old 01-01-2015, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stock is much more superior to the CSF. I did just purchase a Mishimoto radiator, which only costs a little more, but seems like it is built a little better.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

my first CSF lasted about 9 months, second one a month... I'm hoping JC Whitney will just refund my $$$ or let me pay the different and get a Mishmoto one now. it's sad when a stock product last 5X longer than an aftermarket performance radiator.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobb_Sahara
my first CSF lasted about 9 months, second one a month... I'm hoping JC Whitney will just refund my $$$ or let me pay the different and get a Mishmoto one now. it's sad when a stock product last 5X longer than an aftermarket performance radiator.
A forum member was recently selling two Mishimoto radiators that had leaks, so I would suggest researching quality issues there as well.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thegoat
A forum member was recently selling two Mishimoto radiators that had leaks, so I would suggest researching quality issues there as well.
I ended up going with a stock style replacement from Omix ADA. From everything I'm seeing the 2 row all Aluminum is just a time bomb to start leaking within a year.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:33 AM
JK Newbie

Default CSF radiator

Mine lasted 6 weeks. Junk.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

I'm on my 2nd stock radiator I've had my Jeep about a month and a half FWIW..

Be carefull of Mishimoto when I was in a H3 some of the Hummer owners had some problems with Mishimoto's leaking..

A lot of them went with Ron Davis Racing as a replacement not sure if they do Jeep stuff or not I didn't look.

Quick Reply: CSF radiator