Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Crush Sleeve Help

Old 02-09-2013, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crush Sleeve Help

I did the 30 last weekend with no porblems. I am going back together with the rear fand cant seem to get the crush sleeve crushed. Any suggestions. I have a friend with a torque multiplier tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

As a mechanic I'm not sure I understand your issue, is it you can pull enough to hit the required torque or that you can't hold the pinion while torquing
Old 02-10-2013, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alf1096
I did the 30 last weekend with no porblems. I am going back together with the rear fand cant seem to get the crush sleeve crushed. Any suggestions. I have a friend with a torque multiplier tomorrow.
When I did mine I made a tool out of a piece of flat stock, welded two studs ( bolts) to go through the yoke and drilled a hole in the center of it between the studs large enough to put a 3/4 inch extension through it. I just used that to hold the yoke by putting it against the frame and used a 3/4 inch rachet extension and short socket to tighten it down. Worked perfect and was just stuff I had laying around. Otherwise buy a large pinned spanner wrench to hold it.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used a pipe wrench against the garage floor and a breaker bar with a 6 foot cheater.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I finally got it. It took a lot of force but had to get a thinner socket to fit better down in the cone. It's back together.

Quick Reply: Crush Sleeve Help