Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Crazy idiling!!!

Old 02-21-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crazy idiling!!!

So I put on the banks ram air and the cat back banks exhaust the past weekend. When slowing down it jumps up to 1500 rpm and no steady idling now when in park. Any possibilities before I take in to get checked out? Also these items shouldn't void a warranty right? Also a new problem after install started getting steam from under hood not sure if it's Jair water splashing up there but it's coming from top of radiator I believe.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

sounds like you caused a vacuum leak somewhere when you installed the intake setup. would give high unsteady idle.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TROUPP
sounds like you caused a vacuum leak somewhere when you installed the intake setup. would give high unsteady idle.
x2 look for smashed/folded gaskets etc. It doesnt take much at all. ask me how I know.
Old 02-22-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is stock but I had a problem with backfiring, and it would cause the idel to go all over the place. But it would reset it when I shut the jeep off, and run normal till it did it again. Does it idle funny at start up (no driving)?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had the intake on for about 2 weeks so I dont think that caused it. I will have to check the rest this weekend once I can get it back on the lift. It is just a CAT back and I looked at all the piping and stuff no noticeable damage
Old 02-22-2011, 03:32 PM
JK Newbie

I installed the same items three weeks ago and it runs great. You must of done something , , ,

Quick Reply: Crazy idiling!!!