Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Crawler Conceptz front bumper/ Warn Zeon question

Old 01-30-2016, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crawler Conceptz front bumper/ Warn Zeon question

I am trying to install this Crawler Conceptz bumper with a Warn Zeon 10-S onto my JKUR. I went ahead and mounted the winch to the bumper as mounting a winch after the fact tends to be a pain in the @$$! Looking at the studs that mount to the frame and the vacuum pump, I'm having doubts this is going to fit. The bumper is advertised as not needing to relocate the vacuum pump and that it is read for a Warn Zeon. Anyone installed this combo? It is one of their newer bumpers.

Link to the bumper:
Ultra Series Front Bumper with Recessed Winch Mount With BAR & Tabs - Bumpers & Tire Carriers - Jeep JK 07-Current

Pic of this combo installed on their website:

Click image for larger version

Name:	JK pic.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	636154
Old 01-30-2016, 07:39 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No clue... but checking in so I can see what others say...
Old 01-30-2016, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Well, I tried to get it on. Too wide. I am concerned it is not going to fit a Zeon at all without spacers. after install.

Also, straight from their website, it says "Works with 2012 & Up vacuum pump." I think it may mean to say that it works with a vacuum pump relocation bracket, as after I took the winch off and tried again, a cross member to the winch plate smacks square into the vacuum pump. Disappointing...

Off to the local off road shop to grab a bracket I suppose!
Old 01-31-2016, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

For anyone considering this bumper/ winch combo, you'll need to trim the flange where the bumper attaches to the frame to get the winch to fit, and you'll have to move the vacuum pump to get the bumper on without a winch. Also, you'll only be able to get to 3 of the winch bolts with it mounted if you've got a Rubicon with sway bar disconnect. Front passenger bolt location is inaccessible. The outer bolts for bumper to frame require a wobble socket to get to as well. Good luck!

Attached is a pic where I used an angle grinder on the frame attachment. Just took a little notch out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3722077813.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	636276  
Old 01-31-2016, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love that new bumper they have

Quick Reply: Crawler Conceptz front bumper/ Warn Zeon question