Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Crawler Conceptz Front Bumper Install ?

Old 01-09-2016, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crawler Conceptz Front Bumper Install ?

Just got my new Crawler Conceptz Skinny Front Stinger Bumper and was seeing if anyone had any experience installing it. It's the weekend and all their shops are close so any advice would be appreciated!
Old 01-09-2016, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

I installed a mid width about 3 months ago, hardest part was removing the factory bumper. Get yourself a extension for your ratchet also. Should take 20 minutes after the factory is off, I wanna say it was 6 or 8 bolts. Good luck
Old 01-09-2016, 01:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the mid size bumper, its a total of 8 bolts I don’t know if is the install is the same
Old 01-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 116 Likes on 110 Posts

Since your JK is a 2010 it won't have that danged pump in the way that the newer ones have so like the others have said. Hardest part is getting your OEM bumper off. The replacement is easy peasy.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

I have this bumper. You will need to remove the front bumper horns and a couple inches of frame . I removed the crash bar as well. You will need to drill New mounting holes for the bolts. Make sure u drill them straight and make sure you bring any bits or metal that is not flush with the frame, it will allow the bumper to slide all the way back . Then Mark your holes and drill.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the poison spyder BFH installation instructions. If I recall correctly, you cut the frame 2" behind the bumper brackets, and cut the crash bar off.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:16 PM
JK Newbie

I just got the same bumper, with a skinny series rear. Still waiting for them to be bed lined, hopefully installing next weekend
Old 01-10-2016, 07:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bdavid
I have this bumper. You will need to remove the front bumper horns and a couple inches of frame . I removed the crash bar as well. You will need to drill New mounting holes for the bolts. Make sure u drill them straight and make sure you bring any bits or metal that is not flush with the frame, it will allow the bumper to slide all the way back . Then Mark your holes and drill.

This.
2" off the front, grind it smooth. Drill your new holes. It's not a hard process. Good luck with it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1946635080.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	695.3 KB
ID:	634273
Old 01-11-2016, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Measure 2 inches back from the front of the frame, and chop with a sawzall or angle grinder. Test mount bumper. Mark holes. Remove bumper and drill. Grind all cuts smooth, and hit it with some rattle can. Mount the bumper and run the bolts through the top.
Old 01-12-2016, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks to all of you guys!! I took it in to my shop and this was on my new Rubicon build. It's a 2012 so I had that dang pump to deal with. I asked the lady in the phone when I ordered it if I needed a pump relocation bracket. She said no. Well, that was quickly proven wrong when I pulled the bumper off. So I used a plasma torch to do most of the cutting. Saved the pump bracket and I'll re-weld it to the frame after I relocate the auto sway bar motor on Friday. Ground the slag off, re-painted and bolted it up. All in all it went well and I love the bumper. Here is a pic of the final product minus the welded pump bracket.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2496981734.jpg
Views:	899
Size:	622.3 KB
ID:	634423  

Quick Reply: Crawler Conceptz Front Bumper Install ?