Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Crager Soft 8's

Old 03-04-2008, 07:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crager Soft 8's

I was wondering if anyone has any 16 inch Crager Soft 8 series 397.

I am thinking about getting this rim and was wondering if anyone was running them so I can get a perspective on how they would look.

I have a black 2 dr by the way...

Also They have 16 x 7 and 16 x 8 ........... would there be a big difference in how they would look on the jeep between the two sizes?

Thanks
Derek
Old 03-04-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good lord. I have a 5 year old grandson that can read a tape good enough to figure out the 15" wheel thing. Don't give up on the 15s if that's what you want. Look at this thread.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/15-x8-rims-17449/
Old 03-04-2008, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Thanks for the link.

Its the Crager Soft 8s that I definitely want(from what I am seeing from pictures in that thread) ...I thought the jk with the 15 x 8s looks great.

On another note Crager told him they wouldnt fit. I wont be using spacers or grinding any brake caliper.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:21 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by derekls
Thanks for the link.

Its the Crager Soft 8s that I definitely want(from what I am seeing from pictures in that thread) ...I thought the jk with the 15 x 8s looks great.

On another note Crager told him they wouldnt fit. I wont be using spacers or grinding any brake caliper.

Cragar tells everybody they won't fit because they don't make a 15 to fit the JK. THIS is why you MUST measure. By looking at the thread, I feel good enough to order a set of 15X8 Soft 8s with 3.75 or 4.00" backspacing and -19mm offset. They'll work. But I'd still measure first.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man''' here we go again. If you were as smart as you think you are, you would stop using your intelligence to insult the many friends we have here on this site. We are happy to see your tape reading ability is of the highest degree. Intelligence however is not something you measure with a tape!

Last edited by pkdailey4; 03-04-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Jedi

I meant nothing as an insult. I was merely trying to let him know how easy it is. I would even be glad to walk him through it. I'm done with this. Yall are like trying to talk to a brick wall.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

'''Whatever'''' Im done with this conversation.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

I would be happy to try to measure it , - I am not good with stuff like that really measure tires... i wouldnt trust myself fully to be able to call crager and be like here you go this is what i want and it actually work when they get here

but it might be better for me to take it to kent (my local tire shop)he is good...and he measured it and special ordered a set of 20 inch rims for a freinds lowered s10 a couple yrs ago and they fit perfect(had to get a weird offset)
Old 03-04-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

What about the Factory Steel wheels 16 x 7........... what offset and backspacing do they have? anyone know
Old 03-04-2008, 10:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Good lord. I have a 5 year old grandson that can read a tape good enough to figure out the 15" wheel thing. Don't give up on the 15s if that's what you want. Look at this thread.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17449
Can you send your grandson to my house to teach me? I looked through the thread you linked and I don't see anthing about measurements. It is not like there is any guarantee that the entire inside surface is exactly 15 inches. The wheels are just made to fit 15 inch tires.

So what is it that you and your extended family know about using a tape measure that make it so easy to tell the ID of a wheel before the purchase? And there must be some other tricks to that tape measure I don't understand as well. Tapes measure work well in a straight line, but do very poorly when all the hardware isn't lined up. I think maybe you have a crsytal ball and a tape measue mixed up .

Please, provide a writeup, this is a common question and a definitive answer as to whether 15 inch soft 8s fit is NOT covered on this board. Some say it worked with no issues. Some say they had to take some off the caliper.

I almost forgot, I'll include two more relevant links:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/15-inch-wheels-29694/

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/verify-these-wheels-will-fit-29132/

Last edited by adaycj; 03-04-2008 at 10:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Crager Soft 8's