Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cracked thermostat

Old 06-18-2013, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked thermostat

Just an FYI for anyone leaking coolant. My 2012 with 8000 miles on it started leaking coolant. At first thought it was the overflow tank. As it got worse with 10,000 on the clock I got concerned it was something more, like the water pump. Crawled underneath and sure enough the waterpump was leaking. Still under warranty so to the dealer I go. Just got a call the truck is ready and to my surprise NOT the waterpump but the thermostat housing was cracked and coolant was leaking down around and under the WP making it look like that was the problem. Tech that worked on it (was good BTW) said sadly he has had a few of these crack so he looks there first then to hoses and waterpumps. Tough to see from the top especially if you're not looking for it.

Quick Reply: Cracked thermostat