Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cracked Teraflex Rear Axle Bump Stop

Old 10-28-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cracked Teraflex Rear Axle Bump Stop

Has anyone else had this happen to their Teraflex Rear Axle Bump Stop yet? I don't do crazy stuff like "flying" my JK, so this is really puzzling. Hopefully TF can take care of it, but just wondering if this is a fluke, or something pandemic.

I have the TF 2.5 inch coil kit w/ 9550 shocks. Didn't take pics of the back side of the bump stop, but it looks like the crack/split may have propagated most of the way through.

Old 10-28-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

teraflex is a totally upstanding company and you should contact them
Old 10-28-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Any chance of you snapping a shot of it flexed? Guessing the upper stop is hitting way out on the back lip of that lower, but it would be interesting to see it...
Old 10-28-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda looks like it may have come down on something from up under like a rock or something. You can see what resembles a indention towards the left round edge with stress ripples above it. Just a thought..? I could totally be wrong.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM your name/address to me and I'll send out a replacement.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

hmm thats wierd maybe i should check out mine
Old 10-29-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
PM your name/address to me and I'll send out a replacement.
PM sent. Thanks Joe.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Any chance of you snapping a shot of it flexed? Guessing the upper stop is hitting way out on the back lip of that lower, but it would be interesting to see it...
Yea, if I wasn't feeling lazy at the moment. Will probably do that when I receive the replacement part - post a pic for feedback.

Edit: Just ran out and looked at top of axle bump stop. Looks like the frame bump stop is making contact fairly close to center. Will snap a pic tomorrow.

Originally Posted by jeepnxj3
Kinda looks like it may have come down on something from up under like a rock or something. You can see what resembles a indention towards the left round edge with stress ripples above it. Just a thought..? I could totally be wrong.
May just be some dirt or refection in the photo - no indentation on the actual bump stop. Interesting thing though is that when I checked for the "hit mark/indentation", I thwacked the bump stop with my finger, and I think it's hollow. For some reason, I had it in my mind that it was one solid piece of plastic. Regardless, way to think "out of the box" though.

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 10-29-2009 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by planman
Are those mounted backwards? The forward/leaning edge should be pointing to the front of the vehicle.
For reference, pic was taken from under center of Jeep facing towards rear axle. So I think I'm good wrt mounting orientation.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Junkie

Default Follow-up

Just wanted to post a quick follow-up to thank Joe and Teraflex for sending the replacement bumpstops. Showed up within a few days of the original post. Still in the process of replacing them as I'm in the middle of some other tweaks, but will try to post a pic with everything back in order.

Quick Reply: Cracked Teraflex Rear Axle Bump Stop