Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cracked exhaust manifolds (again)

Old 08-10-2013, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cracked exhaust manifolds (again)

Well after replacing my drivers side exhaust manifold it cracked again after 10000 miles. It cracked just before I left on a 1880 mile round trip from KS. to Co. and back. Man does it sound horrible now I think my passenger side is cracked to but I can not see it and have not looked as it is to hard to get to, to just look and see. Is there still a big problem with the 07-11's still cracking? Other question is I replaced mine the first time with a Crown manufacturing manifold. Does anybody know if they are the supplier for OEM or does OEM use a different manufacturer? I am wonder if it is better to get and OEM replacement or should I try the crown again as these are cheaper from different outlets than buying it from a dealer. Or are they the same and the dealers are just charging more? I am really thinking of a set of Ripp headers but dang the price. Thing is I only need the headers, dont need the programing as I already have the diablo intune that I got with my Sprintex but cant seem to find or get a price for just the headers. I just do not want to keep replacing exhaust manifolds nor should I have to. Chrysler needs to step up. Thoughts and or advice?
Old 08-11-2013, 12:24 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

When I replaced my cracked driver's side manifold last year, I looked at the passenger side and decided if it ever cracks, I'm going the header route. That is going to be a huge hassle to swap out, and I decided I don't want to risk ever having to do it again.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently did the write up to patch it and seems to be holding up well.....
Old 08-11-2013, 07:56 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Justinn407
Really, a patch? Interesting. Mine was almost a full circle around the cylinder port--probably too far gone for a patch. But, still interesting. However, the part isn't all that expensive to just replace if you have to go to the trouble to remove it. But, especially for that passenger's side, if you can patch without removing, maybe ...
Old 08-11-2013, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Justinn407
Yea I think I read that one and I tried that. On mine it did not hold it just sounds horrible now. I just need to decide what to do. It is just odd that some of us have problems with the manifolds and others don't. I just do not want to keep replacing manifolds and have them keep cracking but man that price for the Ripp is just hard to get around. From all that I have read they seem to deliver so I dont know. Plus I do not need a programer and I can not seem to get a price from Ripp or anybody that handles them for a price with out the programer. Guess I will just keep looking and hopefully others will chime in either way to help me make up my mind. I know I need to do something as it sounds horrible when I first start it up.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:15 PM
JK Freak

I was looking on the net and spotted headers for $200.00. If mine cracks I'm going with a whole new exhaust system. My muffler is getting dented up pretty bad, so I want to move it up under the drivers side floor board.

PS: Heard something about burning plug wires on some types of header

Quick Reply: Cracked exhaust manifolds (again)