Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Covering for Tuffy Cargo Drawer?????

Old 08-20-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Covering for Tuffy Cargo Drawer?????

I've got the Tuffy Cargo Drawer for the unlimited and wondered if any of you guys are covering the top with carpet, mats or are just leaving the metal exposed? Any ideals and pics are greatly appreciated,thanks....
Old 08-20-2010, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Me too

Looking at getting the same cover. Thinking about covering it with a carpet similar to the one that is in the Jeep. I haven't received my Rubicon yet, but when I do this upgrade, I will post some pics. I would like to see what you decide on.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use this 3'x5' utility mat from Lowe's for the Tuffy security deck. Cost me $10. Fits close enough for me for that cheap!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Utility Mat on Tuffy Deck..jpg
Views:	141
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	82911
Old 12-05-2011, 01:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ClaytonT
I use this 3'x5' utility mat from Lowe's for the Tuffy security deck. Cost me $10. Fits close enough for me for that cheap!

Attachment 82911
Is this the mat that is made out of recycled material and if so have you had any issues with it such as smell? The reason I ask is the one I am looking at says for outdoor use only and I don't want to stink up my Jeep in the winter when the hard top is on.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I think it's made from recycled materials. I don't notice an odor from it though. I meant to say it's 2' x 3', not 3' x 5'. I still have it sitting there, hasn't blown away yet! It does a good job keeping stuff from sliding around.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool, thank you for the quick response.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

I've scratched mine to no end... I'm gonna sand it, prime it and bed line it or coat it with something similar.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found a roll of automotive carpet at Meijers for $10 that I am going to cut to fit the top and glue down. I am not as worried about things sliding around as I am having to listen to it so I think this will work for my needs. I am also going to fill in the area where the sub would go by riveting in some of the metal used for packing. I do plan on adding some sort of tie down anchors for hauling oversized cargo, but have not decided on which ones yet. My final mod is going to be to mount my Maglite flashlight to the filler piece to provide additional light at night.

Quick Reply: Covering for Tuffy Cargo Drawer?????