Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cover for Tub Holes from Rubicon Rocker Rails?

Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Highrock used to make a plastic cover (still might, not sure havent seen it mentioned in a long time) but
This was cheap, and creative: My custom trim for pinch seam

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 06-06-2011 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, awesome fix! That might just be the answer for me. Thanks!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

The Highrock (Bestop) rocker trim (http://www.bestop.com/images/install...ides/42950.pdf for 2-door models) also comes with the door handle recess guards that I actually need, so I think I'll go that route. Thanks for everyone's help! You all definitely made this a lot easier.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

The Bushwacker ones are nice, too. Thanks!

Originally Posted by wsutwiggy
this is seriously what you are worried about? put a flat headed bolt in it and call it good. you could spot weld them shut, or just not worry about them. is it only me or do more people buy then build. Be creative it is far more gratifying to come up with a solution on your own..
Not everyone enjoys working on their Jeep. I don't. I'm building a second rock crawler and I learned long ago that I'd rather work extra hours to pay for things that are already built (or pay for labor) than do it myself. I'm just not into it. I have no urge to work on it myself.

And just because it's a wheeling rig doesn't mean it has to be ugly. A flat-headed bolt would only increase the ugliness.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by richmanyou
Poison spyders body armor stops short of the pinch seam, plus you have the nutcerts which are a PITA if you do it yourself.
Great information, thanks! I really couldn't tell from the pictures.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default is this it?

is this what you are looking for?

Click image for larger version

Name:	JEEP%20JK%20Door%20Pinch%20Seam%20Strip1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	169351
Old 06-07-2011, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default check this out as well!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=pinch%20seam
Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 PM
JK Newbie

Correction, "I'm building a second rock crawler" you're having it built, you're just paying for it. I love seeing guys like you on the trail, clueless when shit breaks. worried about thier cool looking mall crawler.
Maybe you should find out who you're talking to before generalizing? FYI, this whole "real Jeeps are built, not bought" is an old and tired argument, so don't think you're the first one to use it. It's boring. "Real" Jeeps have companies sponsoring them and a lot of money goes toward paying people in the know to build them. Real Jeeps are bought.

I'm not sure what your issue is but I doubt it's me. Most people don't have so much anger for someone they don't even know. It sounds like there is some bitterness, maybe some jealousy... I don't know what the issue is and I can't really say that I care.

There is a topic to this thread. Please try to stay on it.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Correction, "I'm building a second rock crawler" you're having it built, you're just paying for it. I love seeing guys like you on the trail, clueless when shit breaks. worried about thier cool looking mall crawler.
Your theory may have some truth to it, but it does not apply to all that pay to have stuff done. I pay to have some stuff done because I work too much sometimes. If someone breaks on the trail I am one of those guys that will work on other jeeps in the group that have trouble. So what if it is a mall crawler and the person is not mechanically inclined. Don’t be so harsh bro, it all good.

Quick Reply: Cover for Tub Holes from Rubicon Rocker Rails?