Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Couple Q's for a Street Jeep

Old 10-19-2011, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple Q's for a Street Jeep

Just bought my wife a 2wd 2007 JK Sahara Unlimited (stock everything). It'll be her daily driver to go to and from work (probably won't ever see much off-road). I want it to look tough though! I was thinking of getting the Rough Country 2.5" lift that has the coil spacers and shock relocation brackets to go with at least 33" tires and maybe some 35"s.

Any thoughts on this setup? I need wheels with around 4.5" of backspacing, right? Are there any extras I may need to go with the lift? (brackets, brake line extensions, etc?)
Old 10-19-2011, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

Just put the 2.5" rough country BB on my jeep with 31's. still plenty of room for more tire. also running the stock rims with no spacers and havent had any issues. didnt use the brake line extenders on the front but did put them on the rear. been wheeling a few times already and have had no probs with this lift. not sure about 35's though. hope this helps!
Old 10-20-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

On my 2007 I ran the RC BB with 285/ 70-17 (31), you can run 33 easy. I had pro comp wheels with 4.5 back spacing. Didn't do brake extensions or anything else just the lift worked out great. Give Ben a call at rough country he will take care of you, he is on the forum.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Couple Q's for a Street Jeep