Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Correcting The lean

Old 04-25-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correcting The lean

Hi everyone,
I've been using for a while the Old Man Emu trim packer as a 3/4" coil spacer on the 4 corners of my JK in order to clear my 33s.
I have a 2007 unlimited and since I purshased it, it been leaning quite a bit to the driver side
I'm installing right now the teraflex BB with shocks, the question is, would keeping the trim packer on the driver side in addition to the BB and removing it from the passenger side correct the lean? and is it ok to stack OME trim packer on the teraflex coil spacer?
Thank u for answering
Old 04-25-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of an OME trim packer. ARB gave me some 1/4" spring cushions (sit above the spring to prevent squeeking) with my lift kit but you'd need alot of them stacked up to get 3/4".

OME coil springs are driver and passenger side specific on many if not most of thier lift kits. Mix them up and it will sag to one side.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
What is the trim "packer" made of? I would say swap the coils left to right and put the BB with shocks on and see what you get. If the jeep then leans hard to the other side then you know you have a coil that is dead. I would deff try without the extra packer first.
This is what the trim packers look like i have 2 stacked on each coil. would they fit on the BB spacers?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	93267-lg.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	154038  
Old 04-26-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Yeah, they would fit. If they're a softer rubber then put them between the BB and the factory isolater. If they're a stiffer rubber then stick them on top of the BB, they look soft though. So for clarification it should be:

BB
Packers
Factory isolater
Coil
The axle
Thanks a lot on the input i will definetly do that. you're right they're soft rubber so i'll fit them in between.

Quick Reply: Correcting The lean