Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Correct Part Number for New D44 Eaton E-Locker

Old 06-05-2014, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Correct Part Number for New D44 Eaton E-Locker

I just wanted to make a post that could be found when doing a search that would reference the correct part number needed.

For a JK D44 30 spline the correct PN is: 19977-010

I felt this was needed because I had a mix up when I ordered mine and it appears that at least one other person received the wrong part recently as well. Eaton recently redesigned this locker to be a stronger 4 pin design that now matches the 4 pin ARB locker. Previously for the Eaton D44 it was just 2 pins which was thought to be a weaker design. Anyway, with the new version I think there are going to be a lot more people who see this as being a viable alternative to the air locker. The reason why you have to use this part number is because the JK uses thick gears, the other pn 19977-010 doesn't allow enough clearance for the thicker gears.

Anyway, I hope that this helps someone get the right part ordered in. It may be useful to verify with the vender that you are getting the newest version and the correct part number before you submit the order. May I also suggest that you give Eric from OffroadElements.com a call when you are pricing things out. He is a forum vender, had the best price, and I was extremely happy with the customer service he provided to fix a mixup that led to this post.

This PN can be referenced HERE in the application guide. (Page 11)

Last edited by Black2013JK; 06-05-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the 32 spline rubicon rear? Is that 4-pin now too?
Old 07-24-2014, 07:36 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

What about the 32 spline rubicon rear? Is that 4-pin now too?
They are different companies/lockers. The factory rubi locker is called a Tru-Lok and is made by GKN driveline. It is a 4pin design.

Quick Reply: Correct Part Number for New D44 Eaton E-Locker