Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cooper Tires

Old 01-02-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooper Tires

Anybody running Cooper Tires. My brother in law can get me a good deal on some and was wondering if anybody had any experiance with them. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Freak

Lots of Jeepers on here run the Cooper Discoverer STT. I am sure they will chime in. Only negative I have heard is that they can chunk if run on the rocks.

Last edited by Loadbreak; 01-02-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran the STT's on my old ram. I was happy with them. They were relatively affordable and performed good. I felt they were not quite as good as my Toyo MT's but i was happy with the coopers. I'd buy them again if i got a steal on a set.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Newbie

Default Coopers

I have a set. They are not loud and they do well for me. The JK is my daily driver. They do not do so well in the rain, but in the mud they do well. They seem to be wearing evenly. Another complaint that you may hear is that they wear fast, but the rubber compound is soft. I could see where they may chunk when on rocks.
Just my 2 cents. For the price, I think thay are a good tire, but I was working on a tight budget.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Keep an eye out on Dean Tires as well. They are made by Cooper and are identical other than the name. They are also a bit cheaper most of the time.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 35's were Cooper STT's. Great tire, rode well and wore good. Had 30,000m on them when I sold them .
And yes, they are soft and will chunk in rocks, but, they're super sticky.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great tires... They just dont like it when it rains!!

Zane
Old 01-03-2011, 01:32 AM
JK Newbie

Default Coopers

I've had 3 sets of 35's STT on three different vehicles and was very pleased with them. I as well got 30,000+ miles out of them.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cooper has a lot of good tires, I have run them a long time and have had nothing but positive experiences with them. I run the Cooper Discoverer S/T on the Jeep, have almost 55k on them and will be putting a new set on either this spring or summer. I also run the Cooper CS4 Touring on the wife's minivan. My parents also run Discoverer M+S on their Ridgeline and Santa Fe in the winter and ATZ's during the summer.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I personally like Cooper tires...still US owned and manufactured.

The Cooper Discover ATR are excellent All Terrain/All Season tires and the snow plow guys really seem to like them, while the Discover S/T is a good, studdable M&S rated traction tire. The STT is a big lugged mud tire.

Reasonably priced and reasonably long lived.

Howard

Quick Reply: Cooper Tires