Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cooper STT

Old 01-02-2009, 08:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooper STT

I have the Cooper STT 33x11.50 and I was wondering. Those of you who are running this tire do yall like them, cause they seem to not pull all that well in the mud and i am kind of disapointed in this. I have had the Goodyear MT and the BFG KM1 and both of these tires are much better in the mud. Just wanted to see what other thought of this tire. Thanks
Old 01-02-2009, 08:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the stt 35x 12.50 and they do great in the mud for me anyway Course I do get the rpm's up when I hit a hole.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stvnfalcon
I have the Cooper STT 33x11.50 and I was wondering. Those of you who are running this tire do yall like them, cause they seem to not pull all that well in the mud and i am kind of disapointed in this. I have had the Goodyear MT and the BFG KM1 and both of these tires are much better in the mud. Just wanted to see what other thought of this tire. Thanks
I'm on my 4th set of STT's on my work truck. They do allright in the mud if you're not afraid of the thottle. They don't have as much void as a better mudder like the KM2 has so you really have to spin them to get them to clean. Stock the KM2's are a bit noisier than the STT and the STT is a bit better on packed snow and ice. However I recently siped my KM2s and now I think I have the best of all worlds. It does great on packed snow and ice , is still great in mud and is even better on rock. FWIW one of the reason I don't have STT's on the Jeep is I've cut the sidewalls of the STT's when I didn't think I should have. My opinion of STT's is that they are a good looking agressive tire that works well in the street, ok in the mud with throttle but is marginal in rocky terrain. Maybe a good back east tire but out here in the rocky west you very rarely see them offroad. My employer likes them on our work trucks and I haven't been able to convince them to try KM2's. The STT's are a damn sight better than what Ford puts on their 4x4 pickups stock!

Quick Reply: Cooper STT