Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cooper STT

Old 10-16-2008, 07:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STT's like Happy and Mr. T commented...very good tire. I have 15K km's on the STT's and they look new. Noise they are great not even noticeable..... they are better than the Toyo M/T's for noise.

Off road they are great in the mud, dirt and sand....just as good as the Toyo M/T's on my Ram CTD. Snow I can't comment as these tires will be placed in storage and replaced with winter tires and rims.

Highly recommend them!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wanted them but got impatient and my distributor had some procomps in stock so I went with them instead. on all of our company vehicles we run cooper tires and if i have an easy choice, i'll go that way with my personal vehicles as well.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jayrav
To be honest it is hard to tell a difference. The STT's are probably a tad louder than the KMs, but very hard to tell. On wet roads I would dare say that the STT are a bit better, but then again very little difference. Now I have to see offroad performance. This saturday I will find out. I post my feedback
Thanks to all!

jayrav - I'm torn between these and KM2's, STT are siped and come in a 295/70.
So I'm leaning toward the STT. Let us know how Sat. goes! - pics man!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not to hijack but what pressure do you run your STT's on when on the road??

By the way - get the STT's, they are an awesome tyre!!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:12 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, my setup is ever evolving but i am pretty happy with it myself

I ran these tires through a Western NY winter and have NO complaints at all. They did every bit as well, if not substantially better than the OEM Goodyear's on the packed stuff and Ice. In deep snow they where awesome.

The only thing i did notice is they caused me to have just a little to much confidence in them and I overdrove them on semi-snow covered roads, and they then floated up on top of the mealy stuff and got squirrelly. Since they are a wider tire they where doing what they where designed to do, i just kinda forgot about it until they reminded me to slow it back down, once I did, no more problem.

When i go to 35's, I am 99.9% sure, it will be the same tire design and brand, I dont do sand or wide expanses of rocks and boulders, so others will have to comment on that, but for what I do,they are about as perfect a setup as I think I could get.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:29 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Love my 33x12.5's!

Low noise, wearing well at 12k on the clock, look nearly new.

If the blasted things ever wear out i want 35's

What air pressure are you running in the 33's?
Old 10-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
What air pressure are you running in the 33's?
17psi. Should have gone a bit lower, but i was a little concerned with debeading a wide tire off of a stock rim. Not really sure where that line is with a narrower rim & a wider tire, but i am guessing around 12? So for this trip, 7hrs from home, i left them aired up just a touch.

I had no problems, they worked well
Old 10-17-2008, 02:09 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
17psi. Should have gone a bit lower, but i was a little concerned with debeading a wide tire off of a stock rim. Not really sure where that line is with a narrower rim & a wider tire, but i am guessing around 12? So for this trip, 7hrs from home, i left them aired up just a touch.

I had no problems, they worked well
Sorry, I meant what air pressure do you normally run on road. Just curious since you said you're getting great wear out of them.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:51 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Sorry, I meant what air pressure do you normally run on road. Just curious since you said you're getting great wear out of them.
ah, sorry. 28psi. i started out chalking them & they liked 31, but they seem to be wearing the same at 28 and the ride is a little plusher (by Jeep standards)
Old 10-17-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

I like mine so far. I have had them for about 2k and have had no balance problems. Good wet traction and they dont make much noise on the road. 37/12.50-17

Quick Reply: Cooper STT