Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

converting to beadlock wheels

Old 09-28-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converting to beadlock wheels

Has anyone converted their existing wheels to beadlock.

I have the 17" alum wheels from the dealer. I like how they look and was thinking of converting them .

What do you think.

I was also wondering if it would be posible to get inner tubes instead? Do they still make them?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup, Stauns would be the best bet as they need the least modifications to the rims. Converting an alloy rim to beadlock is not easy. At $300 each, the AEVs are a good deal.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A beadlock is a nice wheel allows me to run low tire pressure on the trail for better traction, But they are more labor intensive. Every month I go around and retorque the ring bolts as they like to loosen up. I run the ATX Slab, about $327-425 per wheel.

I would not convert a non-beadlock to a beadlock tho, IMO your better off buying them already made. Just feels safer. Now if your not going to use them on a daily driver or long periods of fast heavy driving I say go for it! But if your going to run them on the street invest in some already made.

Last edited by Jester116th; 09-28-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Quick Reply: converting to beadlock wheels