Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control Arms Selection?

Old 03-17-2013, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bbrown626

check the write-ups or wayalife.com. It is fairly easy. TF also has good instructions.

When you get ready to adjust the rear, most instructions have you adjust the pinion angle for double cardin style joints. If you have the factory drive shaft do not follow such instructions! With factory shafts split the angle between the front joint (on the rear drive shaft) and the rear joint. Double cardan style shafts require the pinion to be in line with the rear joint.

Have you looked at your rear coils springs? They may be very close to your track bar, if not hitting it. You might need some spring wedges. Watch the bow in the coils when you are adjusting your rear upper control arms.
Ok I have the coils on now with stock control arms and they aren't hitting right now but the coils are tilted just a slight tad forward I noticed so I figure I need to use the control arms and adjust it so it moves the rear axle back a bit
Old 03-17-2013, 05:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Gman*2007
Also check out Metal Cloak control arms. They have a nice video.
MC arms are top notch. Expensive but worth it.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by enash965
I doing teraflex front lower and rear upper
This is what I went with for my 2.5" coil lift. Front and rear adj. trackbars as well. Should do the trick.

Quick Reply: Control Arms Selection?