Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control arms. Need info

Old 11-09-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Set your parking brake and chock the tires, put a floor jack under the pinion and jack it up until it is touching it, remove the old arms 2 at a time either the uppers then the lower but DO NOT REMOVE ALL OF THEM A THE SAME TIME! Reinstall the two you removed then do the other two. Set the bottoms to the length in the write up, I think it is 23" center to center but not positive. Then adjust the top arms to get the caster you are happy with. Use the jack under the pinion to rotate the axle so you can hook the arms back up.
Right on .... Thanks everyone I'm pretty excited to attempt this. I'm going to get these ordered soon along with some drivehafts and put these guys in.... What's the pinion... We talking about the transfer case ?

Last edited by Probo; 11-09-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or is the pinion what the driveshaft hooks up too

Last edited by Probo; 11-09-2011 at 05:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Control arms. Need info