Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control Arms info please.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control Arms info please.

I know each set of control arms does a given job. What does the Front Uppers do? Front lowers? Rear uppers, and Rear lowers?

I know one fronts push axle forward but don't know about the other set.
And same with the rear.

Lets say I wanted to push my entire axle forward 2", what would I need to get? I really like the stance of the H1.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Uppers and lowers do the same thing, just backwards from each other. If you want to move the axle forward/backward in the wheel well, you need both sets.

Front upper -
Lengthen to lower caster / raise pinion
Shorten to raise caster / lower pinion

Front lower -
Shorten to lower caster / raise pinion
Lengthen to raise caster / lower pinion

Depending on lift height, uppers may not adjust short enough to get the caster where you want it. So if you only get one set, lowers are the better option. And in the rear, uppers are the better option.

Getting both sets gives you more adjustability, which gets more important with taller lifts, especially on 2doors where you want to move the axle also.

Quick Reply: Control Arms info please.