Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control Arms and Crumble Zones

Old 12-22-2015, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
My only concern would be ... If I had stronger control arms, and took that hit, the frame side bracket would have been destroyed, now you have frame damage and then likely the Jeep would have been written off.

Having the accident was not cool. Having Jeep written off would have been devastating ..
nah. It would be the perfect excuse to go for a long arm kit with the new bracketry
O noes bracket damage looks like ill have to get new brackets installed o look they just so happened to inclued the long arms as well darn i guess ill have to install those too.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, if the control arm bracket shears off just weld another one on.

I will be installing control arms in the future and have no reservations about doing it. I really don't think it is an issue at all.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey I totally agree with the upgrade but Unfortunately welding on new brackets doesn't fly with the insurance company. They changed my front diff housing because they refused to weld new brackets on that.

Quick Reply: Control Arms and Crumble Zones