Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control arms on a 3.25 RC lift?

Old 08-05-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow

I just cant thank all you guys enough! The Jeep brotherhood is awesome! I get it now, its a Jeep thing! Marcus thanks for all your help brother! Hopefully you can swing by the station when we install it!

So Im gonna go ahead and put the spacers in... Ive been reading a little bit about the front drive shaft and auto skid plate.. Im thinking Im going to take a few notches out of the plate if it rubs.. Eventually Ill replace the drive shafts. I know, I know! I dont want to hear it.. I cant afford it right now, not even a front ds.. How many people on this forum are on a budget? A good deal of us I know that for sure! Some things have to be passed up.. Im sure Ill pay for it eventually when Im dropping grease all over the pavement or trail but its a risk Im going to take...

The kit does come with a rear track bar bracket, and Ive been told the front is slightly off, possibly by a matter of 1/8in... I can deal with that until I can get a front track bar.. Im pretty sure I saw a front track bar bracket on Northridge4x4 website... I know adjustable track bars are the best way to go, but what do yall think about a brack for the front?
Old 08-05-2009, 07:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	28073

Notch tranny skid and cross member

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	28074

use ziptie instead of clamp

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	28075

use washers to drop skid

Name:	Superlift ORV Park in Arkansas 380.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	28076

Flex like this and cross your fingers.

To be honest, I had a jereel in for several months, it was making too much noise so I put the stocker back in and carried the Reel as a spare. I flexed like this on several trails on seperate rides, no probs. I can't say how long it's gonna last, but it's working for now. I think the key to not hitting the tranny pan itself is to have the axle perfectly centered and to take off the clamp with the nub that sticks out and replace with a ziptie.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MK you just took alot of worries away thanks man!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive been running over 5" of lift with stock shafts and control arms for over 5 months now with no problems though i do have a 6spd unlimited. i just recently ordered front upper control arms but havent installed them yet. i have had no issues with how the jeep drives or my shafts off road and i hit the trails almost every weekend. when i had my front end alligned after installing my lift they said it wasn't perfect but it was so close they saw no problem with the allignment

http://i585.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1249488964
Old 08-05-2009, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXFIREMAN
Wow

I just cant thank all you guys enough! The Jeep brotherhood is awesome! I get it now, its a Jeep thing! Marcus thanks for all your help brother! Hopefully you can swing by the station when we install it!

So Im gonna go ahead and put the spacers in... Ive been reading a little bit about the front drive shaft and auto skid plate.. Im thinking Im going to take a few notches out of the plate if it rubs.. Eventually Ill replace the drive shafts. I know, I know! I dont want to hear it.. I cant afford it right now, not even a front ds.. How many people on this forum are on a budget? A good deal of us I know that for sure! Some things have to be passed up.. Im sure Ill pay for it eventually when Im dropping grease all over the pavement or trail but its a risk Im going to take...

The kit does come with a rear track bar bracket, and Ive been told the front is slightly off, possibly by a matter of 1/8in... I can deal with that until I can get a front track bar.. Im pretty sure I saw a front track bar bracket on Northridge4x4 website... I know adjustable track bars are the best way to go, but what do yall think about a brack for the front?
You might be able to get away with just a bracket for the front also, but if what ive heard is correct, you want to keep your track bar and drag link parallel to eachother or it can induce bump steer, usually people that do brackets in the front have a bigger lift and install a drop pitman arm as well to keep things parallel, so id make sure itll be ok to do that, but for now i think youll be just fine with the stock track bar till you can get an adjustable one, good luck

Quick Reply: Control arms on a 3.25 RC lift?