Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control arms

Old 09-11-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Monte417
how many miles have you had the lift? After installing a lift its a good idea to retorque your control arm and trackbar bolts (at least do the front). have you done that? Also upgrading to the 9/16 bolt kit from northridge is another good thing to do to prevent future death wobble and IMO it makes the entire front end feel tighter. Lastly yes adding front lower adjustable control arms to increase your caster will definatley help your handling. Do these things and your handling will improve. I drive my jeep with one finger sometimes. I used to run your lift and yes it is a little rough but just retorqing my front control arms and trackbar after 1000 miles showed some immediate improvement. good luck
3000. I just can't believe If I put new arms on it will actually correct it. I don't have anything monster done to it. However on the from there is an extra 1in spacer....
Old 09-11-2013, 02:46 PM
JK Junkie

Bump steer is a condition at higher lifts from the drag link and track bar traveling at different arcs. Unless he has 4" it's prob not bumpsteer.

My guess is caster
Old 09-11-2013, 02:46 PM
JK Junkie

These are drop brackets. Fix caster and improve drivability.

Do you have a angle or smart phone angle app?
Old 09-11-2013, 02:48 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkKnight08
How do I get the specs?
From your initial post.
I also got an alignment.
You should have been given a sheet listing the before and after specs.
It will show Caster, Camber, Toe, etc

Camber won't change unless you have bent something, so we are looking for your caster and toe numbers.

And did you happen to install a trackbar bracket up front?

Quick Reply: Control arms