Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control Arms

Old 12-28-2009, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control Arms

i am looking to get new adj. control arms, pref. Teraflex arms.. the problem is im getting them in sets of 4 and can only purchase a set now then the other set in a month or two. i got a good offer for the rear lowers and front uppers and dont wanna pass it up. would it be a waste to get them since they say that the others are used to adjust castor and pinion? its a price i cant beat but i would like to use them and not have them sit until i purchase the other set so can they be used for anything?. thanks
Old 12-28-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

id save and pay a little more and get the opposite, front lower, rear upper.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ssunde1
id save and pay a little more and get the opposite, front lower, rear upper.
X2 Plus, you can't go wrong with TF.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

If the price is that good than pick them up and sit on them until you can get the other 4 arms.....
Old 12-28-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Junkie

Im getting TF front lowers this week and rear uppers at the end of the month do it right the first time man
Old 12-28-2009, 06:58 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

TF 2.5 coil lift?

For the front, either uppers or lowers will let you set the caster. On a taller lift, the TF uppers may not adjust short enough, but at least they will get your handling to a more acceptable level.

For the rear, are you adding a new driveshaft right away? If so, you'll want the uppers. If not, these can wait.

I'd say go for it. Get the front uppers for cheap, and add the other 3 sets when you get around to it...

(probably adding TF rear uppers myself. All the TF gear is on sale for a good price for the next few days at 4wd/4wheelparts)

Last edited by nthinuf; 12-28-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Quick Reply: Control Arms