Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control Arm Replacement in phases (?)

Old 07-28-2015, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control Arm Replacement in phases (?)

I have a bent front LCA mount at the frame and an extremely bent front LCA with it so I will be welding on new Synergy mounts and will need to do front lower control arms at least.

My question is whether I will also need to replace the OEM front upper control arms at the same time that I do this? Any information or suggestions that you guys have about replacing just one or two sets at a time would be helpful because buying all eight right now is out of my budget.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can do just the front lowers. A lot of guys do front lowers when they lift to adjust the caster and rear uppers to adjust the pinion.

Last edited by 14Sport; 07-28-2015 at 05:29 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
You can do just the front lowers. A lot of guys do front lowers when they lift to adjust the caster and rear uppers to adjust the pinion.
Great advice, thanks. That will make it easier for me to get this rig trail ready again until I can pull together the other 6 arms.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:33 AM
JK Junkie

If your Jeep isn't lifted make sure you get ones that can be adjusted to stock length to properly set caster/pinion.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:05 PM
JK Junkie

And you may want to look at something like these...since it seems you wheel it hard.

Artec JK Front LCA Skids
Old 07-30-2015, 02:26 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by JKblackblack
I have a bent front LCA mount at the frame and an extremely bent front LCA with it so I will be welding on new Synergy mounts and will need to do front lower control arms at least.

My question is whether I will also need to replace the OEM front upper control arms at the same time that I do this? Any information or suggestions that you guys have about replacing just one or two sets at a time would be helpful because buying all eight right now is out of my budget.
You can definitely do them in stages or pairs, front lowers are the most popular to upgrade first do you're right on the money with what you're doing. And depending on what setup you're trying to achieve you can pick and choose which ones you wish to do next.

RK
Old 07-31-2015, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
And you may want to look at something like these...since it seems you wheel it hard.

Artec JK Front LCA Skids
Already tore the factory LCA axle mounts apart a while back... had to go with the synergy heavy duty mounts there too.

Does anyone else seem to be ripping off mounts like its going out of style or is it just me!? Very disappointed by the strength of the factory ones
Old 07-31-2015, 06:01 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
You can definitely do them in stages or pairs, front lowers are the most popular to upgrade first do you're right on the money with what you're doing. And depending on what setup you're trying to achieve you can pick and choose which ones you wish to do next.

RK
Great advice... appreciate it

Quick Reply: Control Arm Replacement in phases (?)