Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control Arm Question

Old 02-28-2007, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Control Arm Question

I have been looking at lift kits and been doing some math (dangerous!). I can see that it would be required to lengthen the lower control arm or shorten the upper control arm to correct any caster caused by the lift.

I noticed that many lift kits provide un-adjustable control arms. Are these new control arms just stronger or do they adjust for the change in angle?

I have also noticed that some high end lift kits provide upper and lower adjustable control arms. Why both? Isn't having one adjustable enough? Or am I missing some other function they perform?

I am trying to figure out the difference between buying an ultimate kit or buying an economy kit and one set of adjustable arms.

Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Control Arm Question