Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control arm drop brackets

Old 07-08-2016, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Control arm drop brackets

Anyone install these? Would like to install without removing tires or raising jeep. Not sure if I'm going to run into problems with the small change in length due to dropping the mounts.
Old 07-08-2016, 05:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You only really need these if you have 2 of lift or more.

You don't need to remove the tires (although it will probably make the job a lot easier) but need to support and maneuver the pumpkin to align the brackets and arms. Just follow the instructions.

If you have a basic 2.5 lift these will make the handling and ride quite a bit better.

What brand?

Northridge 4x4
Old 07-08-2016, 05:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've installed these a couple times with the jeep on the ground. It's easier with the tires on you can roll the tire forward and backward to get the holes to line up. Only do one side at a time, obviously!
Old 07-08-2016, 06:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

You can but removing the tires will help with just getting in there to work on it. Do only one side at a time. The bracket will put your front wheel base back to where it should be and will increase your castor. These will help your ride quite a bit since you have a simple 4" lift and unless you are playing in the rocks all the time, they should be a good investment in your lift.
Old 07-08-2016, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Don't spend too much time in the rocks....just fairly mild stuff. I know they'll hinder me a bit but I'll take that for the better ride. They're the rubicon express brackets.
Old 07-08-2016, 08:19 AM
JK Junkie

Jack stands under the front axle to gain room to work. Do one side at a time, tighten all the bolts after both brackets are installed.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've installed 3 sets of AEV brackets. The first ones I used Jack stands no tires, then the next set I read the directions and kept the tires on like they say and t was much easier. One guy rolls the tire forward or backwards while the other guy slips the bolts in. Easy as pie!

You can do it tires off but you are only making it harder and more work.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks all for the info
Old 07-10-2016, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm running the Rancho geometry correction brackets. They're very robust, and welded together, unlike the AEV brackets. Leave the wheels on, no need to remove them for the install.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

the same with JKS brackets. sort of a hybrid of AEV and rancho. They are welded for strength but have all the adjustability of the aevs. nice units. I went with teraflex sport arms front and rear and it drives the same as with aev brackets my buddy has.

Quick Reply: Control arm drop brackets