Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Control Arm Bolts

Old 09-04-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got all of my upper control arm bolts out when I did my teraflex lift. Had to put a jack on the passenger side exhaust where the bolt hits. Raised just slightly, prob an inch or less, and the bolt popped right out.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool vid, sand, water, and mud all int he same day...
Old 09-04-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it from someone who learned the hard way. Never force a bolt or "thread it in". You will trash the threads. The stock nuts are lock nuts and bad threads will bind quickly. I have had to undo my control arms several times to get castor/pinion angle just right. You want to be able to remove those bolts! Also never unthread a bolt that is under tension. Use the jack under the diffs to take the tension off the bolts to let them slide right out. Like you all have said, those stock bolts are crazy expensive!

Quick Reply: Control Arm Bolts