Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Considering a Body Lift

Old 05-06-2013, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering a Body Lift

Found a good deal and considering buying a 1" Daystar body lift. I'm currently running a 3.5" RE Super flex kit and 35s. Thoughts about adding a 1" body kit to my 09 auto?? I might go 37s eventually.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Have you thought about going with flat or cut fenders instead? Cutting your stock fenders is an essentially free mod that not only looks better, but gives more clearance as well. 3.5" of lift and cut fenders is plenty to run 37's.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

X2 I just did mine this last week. I have some railroad ties at my house staggered around a flower bed highest sits at 18" off the ground. I could drive up on it and be stuffed. Now I have just over 3" left of clearance when I pull up on it
Old 05-06-2013, 08:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you decide to go with a Daystar body lift just know that they won't work with ACE rock sliders, or probably any other sliders that bolt to the underside of your body mounts. You'd have to use a puck style like the MORE lift. Ask me how I know.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like he said ^ get the pucks. go with a Rc 1.25" body lift if ur gonna do it tho. over 1.5 u start to notice the gap...plus it comes with the bumper relocator bracket and is easy as hell to install. that way you don't limit the sliders you do in the future if u want.
I'm in the same boat as you and I added it to my 4" lift. on 35s now but 37s in future. it looks fine since its a 4 door

a BL will give you a little more room on your front bumper between ur winch and grill (depending on your bumper and winch) making it less of a tight fit between ur grill and winch if u need to take ur grill off to change headlight bulbs. before my BL, the winch was touching my grill and couldn't pull off the rear snaps on my grill

Last edited by Fugg it; 05-06-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Considering a Body Lift