Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Completely lost now

Old 08-08-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completely lost now

I just bought a 2008 jku Sahara. First thing I wanted to do was wheels and tires. Picked out the pro comp 7069 in 17x9 with -6 offset with 4.75 back spacing and was gonna go with 33x12.50 tires just not sure what type of tire yet and a teraflex leveling kit. Tire store said to stay with a/t tire not m/t for dd but they also said I will rub front bumper and fender so now I'm lost. I've read a lot of threads on here and thought I would be good with that wheel and tire combo. Just don't know what to do now
Old 08-08-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 856kid
I just bought a 2008 jku Sahara. First thing I wanted to do was wheels and tires. Picked out the pro comp 7069 in 17x9 with -6 offset with 4.75 back spacing and was gonna go with 33x12.50 tires just not sure what type of tire yet and a teraflex leveling kit. Tire store said to stay with a/t tire not m/t for dd but they also said I will rub front bumper and fender so now I'm lost. I've read a lot of threads on here and thought I would be good with that wheel and tire combo. Just don't know what to do now
You should have no problem running that size tire and rim with the Teraflex leveling kit, you will not rub at all...not sure what the tire people are talking about.

As far as A/T vs. M/T...you need to decide that on your own bud. Obviously A/T is going to give you a better ride on the road, better gas mileage and a good all around tire. The M/T looks much more aggresive and it will be louder, but they are not going to kill you in anyway and if you really like the look then you should go with the M/T
Old 08-08-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think that is the procomp wheel i have 17x9 and the back spacing is perfect, I have a employee who just bought a jk x 2 door and put on 33 mud tires with no lift and there is no rubbing, although I think it would look better with a 1 or 2" lift maybe 1.5 front and .75 rear.

you cannot make the tires bigger after purchase get the size you want, 2 to 3" will clear 35" tires but going that big alters the gearing to much to leave stock
Old 08-08-2012, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm running 37's on a 4inch lift and I BARELY rub. Only if I'm pulling a parking maneuver do I notice it. I had 35's and there wasn't any rubbing whatsoever. As for 35's and gearing, yes it'll be a hint sluggish compared to stock, but nothing ridiculous. Like I said, I'm running 37's on stock 4.10's and as much as I want to regear or change the computer, I have an '11 and there are no tuner's that I'm aware of that will work with it from what I've heard and I don't have a grand to drop on regearing.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

As for the A/T vs M/T question, I'd suggest the M/T. Most of them aren't too loud and the added aggresiveness of them will make your Jeep look badass.

And I'm almost positive you won't rub with your stated combo.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mud Tires look great on Jeeps but AT tires are better in the Rain and Snow. I have the Duratracs on mine. The are MS rated (Mud ad Snow) They suck on slick pavement. If you are going to have a daily driver with occasional off road use, go with an AT tire. I would suggest the Nitto Terra Grappler.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:20 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you for all the answers back. Looks like I'm gonna go with the setup. I forgot to mention that the tire guy said if I have 18" stock that I couldn't go smaller. I told he should check this forum out because he obviously didn't know jeeps

Quick Reply: Completely lost now