Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Completely disable TPMS with Superchips?

Old 10-10-2010, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completely disable TPMS with Superchips?

I was just wondering if there was a way to completely disable the tire pressure warning using Superchips. When I was playing around with it I could only set the tire pressure to 19PSI. I put 15" steel wheels on and didnt transfer the Tire Pressure sensors in the new wheels and would like to completely turn it off. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ALinkToYourPast
I was just wondering if there was a way to completely disable the tire pressure warning using Superchips. When I was playing around with it I could only set the tire pressure to 19PSI. I put 15" steel wheels on and didnt transfer the Tire Pressure sensors in the new wheels and would like to completely turn it off. Thanks in advance.
No, if there is I have not seen it. I would say it a liability thing for SC, it would be seen as defeating a safety device. I have mine set to the lowest also.

***Edit, I stand corrected.

Last edited by toymaster; 10-11-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:35 PM
JK Junkie

Yes you can but you have to upload the feature into the SC Flashpaq VIA the Superchips Update software.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Indeed there is. It actually took me a few attempts to get it to download/update correctly and load into the unit. But mine are now disabled.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:55 AM
JK Junkie

Yes, you need to have a digital signature of sorts to be able to download and use the TPMS delete option. It was all in the hands of the attorneys and took a little bit of time to get done. Definitely there and you just need to state that you understand what deleting the TPMS option does, and also what is appropriate use of it along with where driving your vehicle with it deleted is appropriate.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Superchips basically got around the liability issue by labeling the software upgrade "off-road only".

Thank You Superchips!!
Old 10-11-2010, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys. I did update the software when I first got it, but I will go back and do it again. Goodbye idiot light!
Old 10-11-2010, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by whpony96
Yes you can but you have to upload the feature into the SC Flashpaq VIA the Superchips Update software.
So you just go to the SC easy update thing? Do you actually have to search for it or does it load to the flashpaq automatically?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

You have to go to the little upgrades section. Its a free "upgrade". Click on it, check out and then it should install it.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKMudder
You have to go to the little upgrades section. Its a free "upgrade". Click on it, check out and then it should install it.
Hmmm. I see the "upgrade" part at the botom. I can't click it. it still says "updating programmer".

Quick Reply: Completely disable TPMS with Superchips?