Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Complete Skid Plates System

Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mgoony
What about front control arm skids?

It seems like that should be protected. Any while we are at it bolt on or weld on?
yeah, they're nice to have i suppose but, not really needed. either bolt on or weld on will do the job but, i'd prefer weld on if i were to get a set again.

Originally Posted by tinobw
Im checking out the Rock Hards seems pretty much cover the tranny pan
i see you have an 11, did you not get a skid plate with yours - only the skid bar? i know jeep started doing this to help reduce heat build up but, wasn't sure if all the 11's had this or just some. all the 12's only have the skid bar. still if you have an 11, i would recommend getting a rock krawler HD deep sump replacement pan instead like this...

trust me, this is a much better solution. it provides higher clearnace than a skid, has a larger capacity to help keep your tranny cool and keep it operating at steeper angles and has a drain plug to allow for MUCH EASIER servicing. here's a write-up i did for it

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ansmission-pan
Old 10-05-2011, 07:53 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
yeah, maybe the trails we have out here in the west just aren't as hard as what you guys have back east. at least, i've never felt the need for bomb proof assuance before. also, i don't know if my factory skids have ever held me up or gotten me stuck but, as i said, maybe the trails i play on aren't as hard as what you get to play on.

I need from you to wheel harder and less meet and greet's at cool beer places.
This is the entrance to Carnage Canyon Buena Vista Colorado. By far one of the toughest trails in the country.
I like the red I see there.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife

yeah, they're nice to have i suppose but, not really needed. either bolt on or weld on will do the job but, i'd prefer weld on if i were to get a set again.

i see you have an 11, did you not get a skid plate with yours - only the skid bar? i know jeep started doing this to help reduce heat build up but, wasn't sure if all the 11's had this or just some. all the 12's only have the skid bar. still if you have an 11, i would recommend getting a rock krawler HD deep sump replacement pan instead like this...

trust me, this is a much better solution. it provides higher clearnace than a skid, has a larger capacity to help keep your tranny cool and keep it operating at steeper angles and has a drain plug to allow for MUCH EASIER servicing. here's a write-up i did for it

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ansmission-pan
This is what pretty much I got right now underneath
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2839381200.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	219474  
Old 10-05-2011, 08:19 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by tinobw
This is what pretty much I got right now underneath
yeah, that's what i figured. with this, i would recommend the rancho oil pan skid and rock krawler hd tranny pan. it's what i would run anyway.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:20 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Rancho
I need from you to wheel harder and less meet and greet's at cool beer places.
This is the entrance to Carnage Canyon Buena Vista Colorado. By far one of the toughest trails in the country.
I like the red I see there.
LOL!! i knew i made a wrong turn back on i-70 somewhere

yep, the rancho oil pan skid is all we've been running in terms of a skid for years now and, it's all we've needed
Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my 2011. Was taken back that they replaced the skid with a bar. Looking forward to seeing what others are doing about this

Quick Reply: Complete Skid Plates System