Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Complete my lift

Old 11-03-2013, 07:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete my lift

Ok I have an 07 JKUX with a RC 3 1/2in lift, kit came with springs, shocks, sway bar mounts, track bar bracket, brake line extensions, bump stops, a pitman arm, and front tubular lower arms..... I know there's more upgrades I can do here, I'm not going for a rock crawler, I hit trails, rivers, and mud pits. What am I missing??? Should I get sway bar disconnects? Replace all my stock arms?? New track bar ( If so how I know which one would b right for my lift) I got the brackets that raised the track so it's not at a huge offset angle..... Any suggestions guys I'm open to em all, got some extra $$$ and ready to build
Old 11-03-2013, 08:53 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Is there a problem or a reason you want to add or replace components?

The drop pitman and front trackbar bracket work together. If you remove one, you need to remove the other. If you remove both, add an adjustable trackbar to center the axle. If you want to throw some money at it, look into a drag link flip. This moves the axle end of the drag link up on top of the knuckle, and adds a different bracket at either raise the trackbar at the axle, or lower the trackbar at the frame. (any adj trackbar will work, but if you decide on a flip, you may be better off buying the same brand as the rest of the flip components). And you will probably want to add taller bumpstops as well. (this is generally considered to be a much better option than a drop pitman, but is of course much more expensive.)

Disconnects will depend on your usage/needs. If you have the money and spend time on the trails, go for it.

Do you need to adjust the caster or set a pinion angle for an aftermarket driveshaft? (one set of adjustable arms). Or move an axle forward/backward in a wheel well? (both upper and lower arms)

Last edited by nthinuf; 11-03-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

If it ain't broke don't fix it. If you have problems be specific and you will find the solutions. Throwing money at you jeep is not going to help make it any better unless you have some kind of limitations to it that you are trying to overcome.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
If it ain't broke don't fix it. If you have problems be specific and you will find the solutions. Throwing money at you jeep is not going to help make it any better unless you have some kind of limitations to it that you are trying to overcome.
I just wasn't for sure if the kit was really missing anything, nothing's broke and I don't wanna spend my money if I don't need the part thanks for the advice
Old 11-04-2013, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I just wasn't for sure if the kit was really missing anything, nothing's broke and I don't wanna spend my money if I don't need the part thanks for the advice

Quick Reply: Complete my lift