Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

COMING BACK TO YOU..... Brand NEW 2016 rubicon build.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:56 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

More likely lack of caster at that height, not toe in.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
More likely lack of caster at that height, not toe in.
im under 3 inch lift in the front. i made sure the adjustable RK control arms were measured right for the first go around and then after alignment the caster was set...im waiting for my printout but shop says caster is inline...my driveshaft angles "look" fine and the C's seem about right..

the tires and toe on the other hand, they "look" like they might be very negative. i believe i would look at my toe first, but of course i will be reviewing all my specs.

in fact off highway( city/town roads) drives freekin great!
over 60MPH. tires want to pull everything on the pavement and track me right into a median...it will track straight on a road with little crown, but with road grooves from vehicle tires, it wanders bad...

i will be measuring out the toe tonight..
Old 08-04-2016, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Old 08-04-2016, 02:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Synergy arms are great I've had hem for a few years really happy with them. I'm in Boca also don't forget to wave if you see me. Headed to windrock in 5 weeks first time up there can't wait!
Old 08-05-2016, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

windrock looks like a solid trip.

if i see a jeep, i wave...if they dont, i chase them until they do
Old 08-06-2016, 01:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I agree with Dirtman, its your caster. My rig is only lifted 2" and my caster was out of wack. Also, looking at pics of your rig, (awesome looking btw.), I would remove the spacers in the front. Your jeep is ass low now. I would always try to have a little rake, looks, better, handles better, takes weight better. Just some thoughts.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just waiting for some tools to arrive from an online shopping spree, I will Check caster. Fact is after a few more 100s of miles, it drives incredible, exactly what I was hoping from the overall system. Just flighty and correction heavy over 65 mph.

I really think if you want to complete it for heavy duty reliable daily use, ball joints, drag link, and tie rod upgrades. The whole steering system can be beefed up, and some type of brace on the steering pitman linkage would be nice.

The reverse rake looks more extreme then it actually is.. And without the 3/4 spacers the rake was really bad. FYI I weigh 230 pounds, that's like a front and rear bumper in the drivers seat.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jkjouster
Just waiting for some tools to arrive from an online shopping spree, I will Check caster. Fact is after a few more 100s of miles, it drives incredible, exactly what I was hoping from the overall system. Just flighty and correction heavy over 65 mph.

I really think if you want to complete it for heavy duty reliable daily use, ball joints, drag link, and tie rod upgrades. The whole steering system can be beefed up, and some type of brace on the steering pitman linkage would be nice.

The reverse rake looks more extreme then it actually is.. And without the 3/4 spacers the rake was really bad. FYI I weigh 230 pounds, that's like a front and rear bumper in the drivers seat.
I have everything in my front end beefed up. Teraflex tr and drag link, dana spicer ball joints, TF ss, and more stuff I can't remember. I know when I put my Teraflex sport lower arms on, it made a big difference to the flighty steering. its much more planted now. Very nice.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

what really works is combination of BP51s(internal Bypass and compression rebound adjustable with remote reservoir), and most current Rock krawler Coil spring Spec.

i really need to get a go pro so i can watch my suspension cycle at speed. this jeep eats speed bumps for breakfast lunch and dinner
Solid, Controlled, no steering wheel movement/bump steer, at any speed or even bumps in large sweeping turns

Quick Reply: COMING BACK TO YOU..... Brand NEW 2016 rubicon build.