Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

COMING BACK TO YOU..... Brand NEW 2016 rubicon build.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 JKUR Back to Black-THE DREDGE

so i am returning the the great world of JK with a new 2016 JKU rubicon. selling my 2014 BMW X5 Msport 50i V8TT that would pull Ms and others all day. wrecked many off the line. tuned,lowered,catback,BBK.and a train horn... i will miss it...but i have missed my 2012 JKU sahara every day since i sold it in 2014...

will get snapshot of my window sticker and build sheets. ALL BLACK EVERYThING

Rock Krawler 2.5 expedition. sumo springs, king, fox, OME BP51

MetalCLoak Fender and Smitty built step and sllder tubes.

Gen 2 smitty front stubby with bar and rear tire carrier bumper with lights...winch and lights.

35 duratracs on 17 XD grenade.

Linex Tub black

JW speaker headlight and light bar taillights

hot head headliner.

black leather.....ok everyone, lets figure out a way to add a seat cooler/Ventilation...im thinking liquid cooling pads under Bartact? this was the only issue i had with my sahara with tan interior even...top or doors off and my button down dress shirts on the way to work were soaked. any other day i had a tank top on and it was still unbearable with leather....does the bartect molle covers make this worse or help with heat and ventilation.

build with labor is running about "reasonable".... i have many other pieces not included above.

as this is my DD suspension and tire is the most important aspect..On road is very important
duratracs at low pressure are easily one of the best on road tire with good fire road, mud, sand and water traction. South florida doesnt have much...

the suspension was between Metal CLoak and Rock Krawler...3.5 8 arm systems. ive been really interested in taking the duroflex bushings for a ride. i wanted to get the rock krawler arms and rebuild with duroflex bushings...is this possible? i havent found a definitive answer.

what is everyones take on OME BP51

HERE WE GOOOOOOO

Last edited by jkjouster; 08-04-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't wait to see your build.

Great choices all around, everything was going great till the RK control arms.

I'm not going to bash them by any means, but the mc arms look better, with a purpose behind the finish, have newer design characteristics, and install is a breeze. The bends are perfect for the mounts, not so with other brands, not specifically rk though. My experience with their stuff is limited, but there are others to choose from.

I have a complete bastard Frankenstein build thing going on, so my words aren't bashing rk specifically.

It's just that I'm partial to the mc arms as I have had them.
Old 04-05-2016, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sa29560
Can't wait to see your build.

Great choices all around, everything was going great till the RK control arms.

I'm not going to bash them by any means, but the mc arms look better, with a purpose behind the finish, have newer design characteristics, and install is a breeze. The bends are perfect for the mounts, not so with other brands, not specifically rk though. My experience with their stuff is limited, but there are others to choose from.

I have a complete bastard Frankenstein build thing going on, so my words aren't bashing rk specifically.

It's just that I'm partial to the mc arms as I have had them.
so i love everything about metal cloak except the tubing they use for the arms. solid arms sounds beefier and more legit for rock crawling and durability. although im buying more for comfort at high speed and gravel roads with flex so the duroflex sounds like a good deal. can anyone attest to the durability of the bushings and arm construction of the Metal Cloak?
Old 04-05-2016, 11:14 AM
JK Newbie

Since you're not concerned with the actual offroading aspect of your control arms I'll skip the sciencey explanation and tell you that the difference between round and tubing is not what you think.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WashingtonWrangler
Since you're not concerned with the actual offroading aspect of your control arms I'll skip the sciencey explanation and tell you that the difference between round and tubing is not what you think.
expand your reasoning. are you meaning RK round to MC tubing? comparing stock Tubing as well?
i absolutely am very interested in the off-roading aspect. i will take it offroad often but JW corbett doesnt have rock faces....so until i can make it out west, its trails. mud, water, and sand. but nothing says their isnta boulder under the water that will take out an arm or two....both RK and Metalcloak can flex, both are solid kits, but what is the actuall difference in the arm design minus the joints?
Old 04-05-2016, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkjouster
so i am returning the the great world of JK with a new 2016 JKU rubicon. selling my 2014 BMW X5 Msport 50i V8TT that would pull Ms and others all day. wrecked many off the line. tuned,lowered,catback,BBK.and a train horn... i will miss it...but i have missed my 2012 JKU sahara every day since i sold it in 2014... will get snapshot of my window sticker and build sheets. ALL BLACK EVERYThING 2.5/3.5 MC gamechanger with OME BP51 SHocks all around....wondering why i dont see a ton of OME BP51 questions or reviews...i basically came back to jeep for these. MetalCLoak Fender and Smitty built step and sllder tubes. Gen 2 smitty front stubby with bar and rear tire carrier bumper with lights...winch and lights. 35 duratracs on 17 XD grenade. Linex Tub black JW speaker headlight and light bar taillights hot head headliner. black leather.....ok everyone, lets figure out a way to add a seat cooler/Ventilation...im thinking liquid cooling pads under Bartact? this was the only issue i had with my sahara with tan interior even...top or doors off and my button down dress shirts on the way to work were soaked. any other day i had a tank top on and it was still unbearable with leather....does the bartect molle covers make this worse or help with heat and ventilation. build with labor is running about "reasonable".... i have many other pieces not included above. as this is my DD suspension and tire is the most important aspect..On road is very important duratracs at low pressure are easily one of the best on road tire with good fire road, mud, sand and water traction. South florida doesnt have much... the suspension was between Metal CLoak and Rock Krawler...3.5 8 arm systems. ive been really interested in taking the duroflex bushings for a ride. i wanted to get the rock krawler arms and rebuild with duroflex bushings...is this possible? i havent found a definitive answer. what is everyones take on OME BP51
Welcome back!! I used to live in Boca now I'm up in Palm beach. Good luck with the build . Let me know if there are any meets around palm beach county. See ya around town.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkjouster
so i love everything about metal cloak except the tubing they use for the arms. solid arms sounds beefier and more legit for rock crawling and durability. although im buying more for comfort at high speed and gravel roads with flex so the duroflex sounds like a good deal. can anyone attest to the durability of the bushings and arm construction of the Metal Cloak?
That is too funny. I sold them to a guy at work since my jeeps not my dd.

I bought arms nearly twice as thick, and larger in diameter, because of exactly what you are thinking. I wheeled the mc arms for one season, they were sufficient and very smooth. As I was slapping em on stuff, and rubbing up and down ledges I was a bit worried about strength. Never did damage em, just went a different direction.

The quality is definitely there. Welds, finish, fit, but can't say I've ever bought something that wasn't awesome. The genright bumper I just got is like art. Not too many of these manufacturers are producing junk.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

from what i have read, and touched with my hands, the quality for RK and MC seem to be on par. unless someone has a comment on that.

i believe i have decided to start with the 35s and a 2.5 game changer MetalCloak kit, and if i ever feel ready to regear and slap on 37s, i could always find a 3/3.5 inch spring that mates with the OME bp51s

does anyone think going right to the 3.5 will put me ahead of the game? i definitely dont want to sit lower then 2.5 in the front with a stubby and synth winch, so i thought worst comes to worse, the metal cloak springs are LONG i could throw up to an inch spacer in the front and be good?
Old 04-06-2016, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

If you ant to run mc joints, I would just run their arms, I doubt you are going to be out rock bouncing your jeep. All you are really adding to your jeep with RK arms is extra weight. Looks like you are just throwing out a bunch of names without really thinking about the build as a whole. Sure you can add longer coils or add a spacer over time if you wish. Will the shocks match up to the height? Maybe maybe not. Most people don't really set things up properly, they just install what was in the kit. Extra height generally means more components, think high steer and driveline angles. Lots of stuff to make it drive good on the road which is what this looks like the build will be.
Old 04-06-2016, 07:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're looking at duratracs I highly doubt you'll be in any situation that'll bend a MC Arm and not a RK one.. I'd be more worried about the exhaust tubing smittybilt uses for their bumpers/sliders than dom tubing compared to round.

Quick Reply: COMING BACK TO YOU..... Brand NEW 2016 rubicon build.