Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which comes first

Old 04-01-2015, 09:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which comes first

Looking to upgrade steering a little more, with either Synergy drag link or tie rod. Starting to get a little play in steering. Want to stay ahead of it.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Crawl under and hold the tie rod or drag link with both hands and have someone turn the steering wheel back and fourth you will be able to feel whatever is wrong, the ends will pop and move. I recommend replacing both at once just fixing one is just a band aid the other will wear out soon enough. When I did this found my drag link ends were shot my stabilizer blown and tie rod was bent replaced everything at once. Drives great now.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mrmunsin
Crawl under and hold the tie rod or drag link with both hands and have someone turn the steering wheel back and fourth you will be able to feel whatever is wrong, the ends will pop and move. I recommend replacing both at once just fixing one is just a band aid the other will wear out soon enough. When I did this found my drag link ends were shot my stabilizer blown and tie rod was bent replaced everything at once. Drives great now.

What he said. Been through that with multiple Jeeps. Figure out what's wrong and then replace everything that needs replacing at one time. It all works together under your front end. Replace one thing but leave something else that's bad and your new thing will be trash before you know it.

Quick Reply: Which comes first