Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cold Air Intake Filter Cleaning

Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Intake Filter Cleaning

I have an Airaid with about 10k miles. It looks dirty, but the mfg. says to clean every 30k to 50k miles.

I am looking for real world experience with how often they need to be cleaned. Is 30k to 50k realistic? I have been off road many times in dusty conditions. It looks dirty. Performance seems good still, but...

Suggestions? Experiences please...

Dan
Old 06-03-2008, 11:08 PM
JK Freak

These filters actually work best when they got a little grime on 'em. I have a Airaid banger too and I think 30K is pushing it....maybe 20....heh.

You should be fine...commomn sense will tell you when it's due!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:26 AM
JK Jedi

If you've been off-road a lot then you may be due for a cleaning, those high mileage claims are geared toward road use. It's true that these oil based filters do filter better with some dirt build up, but eventually it will become a restriction and cease to be beneficial.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake Filter Cleaning