Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cold Air Intake from Dash?

Old 08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relocating the intake

I too was looking at something similar to this while I was running the wires for the Bofer84 locker mod.
I thought about running the intake to the windsheild grill vent and putting a 1/2 hood scoop over it. That way I can 'SEE' the water entering the intake as I drive through the slop and shut the engine down myself.

The potential problem I see for routing it into the cab is pulling a vaccum in the cab.
Hard doors on, hard top on, windows up and full throttle might result in some ear pain until the floor drain plugs pop inward.

If anything is open - it will not be a problem.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i was about to say.....i think you would have to leave at least windows open all the time.....otherwise you might be quickly killing yourself? hahaha i know our jks arent are tight, but i think if it was pulling hard enough, you'd take alot of breathable air and choke yourself or engine out? just thinking out loud.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake from Dash?