Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cold Air Intake - Which is best? What is your experience?

Old 03-10-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cai

I just installed the Airaid cai along with the Banks Monster Cat. No whistle sound at all. Seems to be worth the investment.
Old 03-10-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like this one... davebloomer homebrew oh, and only have to loosen one hoseclamp to put factory air filter back in for when im wheelin
Old 03-10-2008, 08:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone here using the AEM bypass valve with their CAI? Here is a quote from the advertisement:

"It saves your engine from drowning by automatically closing off AEM air intakes when the filter gets submerged in water".

From the pics, it looks like it would work on any CAI tube.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Puddlz
My wife LOVES your AVITAR
hehehe u wouldn't imagine how many private messages i get about that thing.. my wife found it for me
unfortunatly her answer is no... that's why i've been makin stuff at home recently... stubby winch bumper, quick disconnects, CAI
Old 03-11-2008, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

I added the Airaid CAI and spacer. I noticed a considerable increase in horsepower especially at the upper end of the RPM range.

I have had the Intake for 2 months and have not noticed the whistle until I read this post.

My only complaint about CAI's in general is that there mud magnets. After I dip my JK in some mud my filter gets extremely clogged. I have to clean it after every voyage in to the mud.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:19 PM
JK Newbie

Hijack

Hijack

Any thoughts on how to keep the mud off?
Old 03-21-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whpony96
I have the True Flow XDI and i only have one issue with it.. I will have to remove the kit to clean the filter... But I do like the fact that It can be easily modded to utilize a snorkel in the future... That was the reason I got it in the first place the design....

No whistle here at any time and the intake just sounds awesome when you tromp on it! Yet super quiet on that long trip!

Hi there,

I am about to install the True flow this weekend (got mine for $280 [steal right?]). I saw your post about using it in conjunction with a snorkel...can you tell me more about this or refer me to a source of info on this. I have never heard this before.

Looking forward to some good news
Thanks,
Botsjeep
Old 03-21-2008, 11:19 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BOSS
Hijack

Hijack

Any thoughts on how to keep the mud off?
They make filter skins that slip right over , then you just remove it when it gets all nasty.
Old 04-07-2008, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the True Flow XDI today after the Banks Monster exhaust went on. Wayyy louder but a good loud.

Me = Happy
Old 05-15-2008, 01:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

The bypass valve is for the car type cold air intakes, that actually put the filter near the ground. My buddy had one on his honda civic si

I don't think that it would help at all on the jeep.

Originally Posted by nukeman
Anyone here using the AEM bypass valve with their CAI? Here is a quote from the advertisement:

"It saves your engine from drowning by automatically closing off AEM air intakes when the filter gets submerged in water".

From the pics, it looks like it would work on any CAI tube.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake - Which is best? What is your experience?