Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which Cold Air intake!!

Old 10-03-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

remember..what comes in, in volume, should also go OUT with volume....aka less restricted muffler. That way you get better results....
Old 10-03-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 07crawler
remember..what comes in, in volume, should also go OUT with volume....aka less restricted muffler. That way you get better results....
You need to be at over 250hp to have exhaust restriction with the stock exhaust. The advantage of an after market exhaust is primarily in a smaller can which means less heat dissipation and greater exhaust velocity on a 2.5" system.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm not into a snorkel as of yet. Just want to squeeze a bit more power out of the beast. I will give the filter a shot for the winter.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Whats everyones thoughts on the True Flow XDI air intake? I have an opportunity on one locally that is in really good shape. I thought of picking it up for some on road performance but go back to the stock air box for offroading.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by kabookie10
Whats everyones thoughts on the True Flow XDI air intake? I have an opportunity on one locally that is in really good shape. I thought of picking it up for some on road performance but go back to the stock air box for offroading.
Had one for 2 weeks and got rid of it because I started to run rich. The metal tube conducts alot of heat which negates the whole cold air intake concept even further when it comes to a JK. There's no warranty or support for these systems anymore as Trueflow went out of business in 2009 and for some reason I really dont like the foam filter. If you decide to buy an intake buy one with a plastic/poly based tube.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, defenitly not getting it then. Thats probably why i got offered a good deal on it. I guess i'll pass then and keep an eye out on ebay for a good intake.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

I added an Airaid along with a Flashpaq on my 2dr 6 speed and I am very happy with the results. Running 295/70/17 on Classic II's and these two add on's really make a noticable difference.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:42 AM
wkz
JK Newbie

well if it's abt the poly based inlet tube then i wuld go for K&N..but the dealer suggests tht i get the Mopar ones,or else installing any other filter wuld void the dealer's warranty..in tht case,i might have to change it back to the stock filters b4 i drop@the service centre for every 5k service..
Old 10-04-2010, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wkz
well if it's abt the poly based inlet tube then i wuld go for K&N..but the dealer suggests tht i get the Mopar ones,or else installing any other filter wuld void the dealer's warranty..in tht case,i might have to change it back to the stock filters b4 i drop@the service centre for every 5k service..
Gotta love these guys. Even though their literature is very specific about their after market parts catalog not being an extension of the primary vehicle warranty, in fact that it could void parts of your warranty, they'll still pitch it as such to make a very minor sale.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default Cia

I was up in the air as well and went w AEV snorkel and drop in KN, glad i went this way instead of a CIA expecialy w my headers they make some heat. Just my two cents have a good one

Quick Reply: Which Cold Air intake!!