Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which coils

Old 11-21-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was thinking about king 2.0 shocks but decided to save the money for coils. So Imma just run Fox's. I'm just curious one either the evo coils or metal cloaks. I'm gonna be running metal cloak control arms.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Go with the MetalCloak coils if you are running longer shocks. I run shocks for 4-6" of lift and the springs won't drop out at full extension. I recently installed a buddies RK 3.5 with the same shocks. On the lift the coils would just fall out at full extension. I had similar issues when I was running EVO coils, but I was also running their Rockstar skids which allow the axle to drop a bit further.

Old 11-21-2013, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

I have nothing but good things to say about my MC set up using the OME shocks that come with the kit
Old 11-21-2013, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have had a chance to drive a Jeep with EVO coils, and the EVO 4in Enforcer lift. I liked it so much that I plan on getting the same set up for my Jeep.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:37 PM
JK Freak

I'm thinking Imma go with the MC coils. Since I am going to get their LCAs front and rear and plan on getting the uppers later on.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the MC 3.5' lift, what height are you guys actually gaining on a JKU? Bumpers winch etc.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by courtsm3
With the MC 3.5' lift, what height are you guys actually gaining on a JKU? Bumpers winch etc.
They say with their dual rate that you will gain no sag with armor or equipment.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ttechris
Go with the MetalCloak coils if you are running longer shocks. I run shocks for 4-6" of lift and the springs won't drop out at full extension. I recently installed a buddies RK 3.5 with the same shocks. On the lift the coils would just fall out at full extension. I had similar issues when I was running EVO coils, but I was also running their Rockstar skids which allow the axle to drop a bit further.
You cant refer to shocks by there rec commended lift.. You have to compare by extended and collapsed. Its pointless for vendors to claim what lift height there foe as peoples builds can vary drastically... I have 12.5 travel shocks and the rk 3.5s are fine...
Old 11-22-2013, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

I get that, but he said he would be running fox shocks. On the RK setup I installed(3.5 x factor plus) the rear springs would easily fall out on the lift when fully extended without any sort of coil retainers. The metal cloak springs wouldn't do that on my setup with the same length/brand shocks)
Old 11-22-2013, 06:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive seen it also, but he could make rk synergy currie or metal cloak work if he wants... Honestly in 12" ish or more travel you should be looking at coilovers.

Quick Reply: which coils