Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

which coils

Old 11-20-2013, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meep97
Are all RK coils the same?
They just released their triple threat coils not too long ago.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by meep97
Are all RK coils the same?
The RK coils are the same for 2 door and 4 door. They have the 3.5" springs in the triple rate version. They should have the 1.5" and 2.5" triple rate springs available in the next month or so.
Old 11-21-2013, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the 4.5" Synergy/PolyPerformance coils. They've done me well over the years and no sagging.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

I've had both the EVO coils and Metalcloak. I was using different shocks on each setup, but both provided a good ride. If I had to choose I would pick the metal cloak for their length when uncompressed.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ttechris
I've had both the EVO coils and Metalcloak. I was using different shocks on each setup, but both provided a good ride. If I had to choose I would pick the metal cloak for their length when uncompressed.
the length on yours may not be what he needs on his...How he sets up his shocks and how much travel he has will determine that. Although on his set up he is probably going to have to have atleast 4" lift to keep coils seated depending on travel. If i had to guess youd be correct though he will need a long extended length coil. Although rk mk and synergy are all damn close.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

I'm mainly looking for ride quality. My set up now i bought my jeep with it and needless to say its horrible. So I'm just fixing the previouss owners mess ups. My set up right now is a 3in BDS lift with some sort of 2in body on 37s. So I'm redoing the suspension and taking the body lift off. So I'm trying to get a good ride quality and run my 37s. But I wheel pretty hard. As much rock as I can. Not a lot in western PA.

Last edited by jkkrawler; 11-21-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 05:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup i got 2 threads messed up i was lookin at.. My bad. In that case id just get any basic good quality lift around 3.5 inches
Old 11-21-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

I rode around on stock rubicon suspension with flat fenders and 37s for a few weeks and the ride was bad.. I feel that the metalcloak arms/springs and fox shocks rides better than my stock suspension with the 37s.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ttechris
I rode around on stock rubicon suspension with flat fenders and 37s for a few weeks and the ride was bad.. I feel that the metalcloak arms/springs and fox shocks rides better than my stock suspension with the 37s.
Is that what your running now?
Old 11-21-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Freak

Yeah.
The guy I bought the shocks from replaced them with kings and mentioned the kings were softer than the fox over bigger bumps. Ive tried a lot of different suspension setups, and the softest I ever rode in was a buddies with Evo valved king coilovers. I will probably end up with a set of their coilovers when I have the money.

Quick Reply: which coils