Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coilovers.... Eventually.

Old 01-14-2014, 11:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can modify the stock arms but cutting them and adding tubing in to lengthen them. personally i made all my own arms and have no rubber ends i have all rod ends. The expensive arms usually ride ever so slightly better and holdup a little better under flex. Most are usually also adjustable where you can change as needed without re cutting up the stock ones.As brute said, its not really a necessity and wont limit your flex on most set ups. Also as you can see in brutes picture coilover dont flex anymore than a shock/coil setup in the same travel length. Although when running long travel shocks you have to be careful what springs you get as some may fall out. Personally id get mc springs as there the longest and synergy is right behind them just slighlty shorter.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:05 PM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jr24jku
How do u modify your stock arms with rubber ends ? Because I'm about to purchase a lift kit 2.5 rock krawler mid flex it comes with control arms. But then I think are those control arms really necessary. What do u think? What r the advantages of having aftermarket control arms Like rockkrawler or TF ?
Stock arms have rubber at both ends there's always a debate over urethane vs rub er both work well the rubber forgives more allowing a bit more twist with less leverage on mounting points....
Metalcloak and rock Krawler use good ends both extremely durable for sure.....
If you got a good price on it and your happy then by all. Means do it you can't go wrong.....they are quality products xo I don't think you wasted money at all......

I sleeve my lower rears with 1.5 .120 wall slit length wise and overlapped on lower part of arms....I've drug these over some NASTY rock piles and beat the hell out of em no issues....

I'm going to build my own links later with high clearance arms and Metalcloak ends. Mainly cause I can but I have NO ISSUES with stock stuff I walk like a spider through the rocks now and do it just fine......
Old 01-14-2014, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BRUT4CE
Stock arms have rubber at both ends there's always a debate over urethane vs rub er both work well the rubber forgives more allowing a bit more twist with less leverage on mounting points.... Metalcloak and rock Krawler use good ends both extremely durable for sure..... If you got a good price on it and your happy then by all. Means do it you can't go wrong.....they are quality products xo I don't think you wasted money at all...... I sleeve my lower rears with 1.5 .120 wall slit length wise and overlapped on lower part of arms....I've drug these over some NASTY rock piles and beat the hell out of em no issues.... I'm going to build my own links later with high clearance arms and Metalcloak ends. Mainly cause I can but I have NO ISSUES with stock stuff I walk like a spider through the rocks now and do it just fine......

Thank for both of you guys response. I ended it up ordering the rockkrawler flex system 2.5 kit. ( it's comes with springs, front control arms, rear track bar relocation, front adjs track bar, sway bar disco, front brake lines and also some beilstein shocks.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Former Member

Thank for both of you guys response. I ended it up ordering the rockkrawler flex system 2.5 kit. ( it's comes with springs, front control arms, rear track bar relocation, front adjs track bar, sway bar disco, front brake lines and also some beilstein shocks.
Congrats you'll be happy and can build upon it...
Old 01-15-2014, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BRUT4CE
Your no being dumb its a ew thing and excited so no mark man this is a good group you can learn a lot here as well...welcome and congrats on joining tne jk jeep family.... You'II, catch flak for downsizing from pen star to 3.8 guaranteed lol....I have a 2010 Rubicon with the 3.8 and I'm a jeep so I dint need to win races just crawl over stuff....so I have no issues with it....could do the newer rig but plenty happy with mine....had track cars and raced as well as mx and crotch rockets so I'm familiar with fast.....still dig just cruising along.... Don't swap out arms stock arms work fine to start. I run stock arms Here's with modified mounts stock arms
Is your rear sway bar disconnected? Can you tell me about the shock relocation? Will the shocks rub or bind without relocating or is it a clearance thing?

Very impressive by the way.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sea bass
Is your rear sway bar disconnected? Can you tell me about the shock relocation? Will the shocks rub or bind without relocating or is it a clearance thing? Very impressive by the way.
Sorry the front are disco sway bar and the rear is a relocation track bar. My bad
Old 01-15-2014, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Sorry the front are disco sway bar and the rear is a relocation track bar. My bad
Sorry. I was actually directing my question to brute4ce and his set-up. :-)
Old 01-15-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE="sea bass;3811105"] Sorry. I was actually directing my question to brute4ce and his set-up. :-)[/QUOTE

Oh lol

Quick Reply: Coilovers.... Eventually.