Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coil suggestion?

Old 01-14-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scorpion king
Hi, have a 09 4dr JK with a few mods which weigh it down pretty good.... so much so that my 2" spacer lift on stock coils is now back to stock height and resting on my front bumpstops (lift bumpstops were installed).

My question is is that are the base X coils softer than the Rubicon coisl?

Also what coils can anyone suggest to get my 2 to 3 inch lift back and get my front axle off my stops and stop my rear tires from slapping on my flares when flexin?

Thanks for the input
Check out Rustys, they have 2" and 3.25" lift coils that they sell seperately of a lift kit and its about $100 for a pair. I have them and they're awesome, they havn't started sagging yet and I've had them over a year
Old 01-14-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Thanks everyone... all great info and has helped.

Does anyone know the spring rates (load ratings) for the 2" OME HD's and the Teraflex 2.5" coils?

Are these coils progressive or constant rate?

Someone mentioned BDS 3" coils here at home....... anyone with experience with these? (noticed no one mentioned them so that must mean something lol)

Gettin closer to making a selection ;-) biggest thing for me is supporting the weight and NOT sagging.

Thanks again
Old 01-15-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

On a 4 door the OME HD have the following load ratings (constant not progressive):

Front (OME 619): listed as 90-180lb
Rear (OME 618): 300lb (Should be plenty for a heavy bumper and 35 spare)
Rear (OME 620): 660lb (I went with these rears due to heavy tow load but should probably have gone with the 618s)

No sag from front or rear and I am running a Mopar off road rear bumper, Orfab tire carrier and 35" spare and tow a 3500lb camper with almost no sag at all even when towing. In the front I have a RR stubby with a Superwinch 9.0 and also have no sag at all. Got about 3 1/2" out of the lift including the 1/4" OME coil retainers on top.

Thanks everyone... all great info and has helped.

Does anyone know the spring rates (load ratings) for the 2" OME HD's and the Teraflex 2.5" coils?

Are these coils progressive or constant rate?

Someone mentioned BDS 3" coils here at home....... anyone with experience with these? (noticed no one mentioned them so that must mean something lol)

Gettin closer to making a selection ;-) biggest thing for me is supporting the weight and NOT sagging.

Thanks again
Old 01-15-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Leaning heavily towards the 2" OME coils. 618 and 619. But just want to know if anyone has any input, opinion or experience running the BDS 3" coils?
Old 06-18-2011, 08:44 PM
JK Freak

Leaning heavily towards the 2" OME coils. 618 and 619. But just want to know if anyone has any input, opinion or experience running the BDS 3" coils?
How much lift did you get with you HD coils?

Last edited by ninjajmoney; 06-18-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

Around 2 1/2 inches of lift gained with the OME coils and ride has improved dramatically too.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone else running Rustys??? Looking into a 3" coil lift, Teraflex wants twice as much $$ and I'm wondering if its truley worth it.

Quick Reply: Coil suggestion?