Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coil Springs Question!

Old 06-17-2010, 09:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil Springs Question!

Which brand of coil springs will offer the best quality and the correct height?
I am looking a set for 4" of lift, and my 2dr JK is equipped with steel bumpers and winch.
Thanks!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you go with TeraFlex's 3" kit you will get about a 4+" lift with your 2 door.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply! I am currenty using RE 3.5 coil springs with Teraflex CAs, however, I am really perfer to Teraflex coils springs, becasue I will have a complete Teraflex kt if I change my RE coil springs to the Teraflex's.
By the way, what lift height will I get if I install the 4" coil springs on my 2dr JK? Thanks!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:26 PM
JK Freak

I have been very happy with my Black Diamond Springs.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:47 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by sanyezhong
By the way, what lift height will I get if I install the 4" coil springs on my 2dr JK? Thanks!
People were reporting 5-6" with the 4" TF coils.
(I believe TF has released new coils that give a truer lift height, so the old measurements may no longer be correct...)
Old 06-18-2010, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies. However, are the Teraflex coil springs heavy duty?
Old 06-18-2010, 10:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you're happy with te height of your RE springs and they're also comfortable to ride on, I don't see the point in changing them only to have all the same brand
Old 06-18-2010, 11:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

In fact, after I installed the 37" tires, I found out that I need more tire clearance spaces.
Although I have another 1" BL, I still have little spacing issue with tires and bumpers. As long as I am using the short arm kit, I will stay around 4-4.5" of suspension lift height, so this is why I want to change my current 3.5" coil springs to a set of 4" coil springs, and maybe the 4" coil springs will give me like 4.5" lift height.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In fact, after I installed the 37" tires, I found out that I need more tire clearance spaces.
Although I have another 1" BL, I still have little spacing issue with tires and bumpers. As long as I am using the short arm kit, I will stay around 4-4.5" of suspension lift height, so this is why I want to change my current 3.5" coil springs to a set of 4" coil springs, and maybe the 4" coil springs will give me like 4.5" lift height.
Depending how high you want...Why not just add 0.5 or 1" coil spacers??
Old 06-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Former Member

Which brand of coil springs will offer the best quality and the correct height?
I am looking a set for 4" of lift, and my 2dr JK is equipped with steel bumpers and winch.
Thanks!
You do realize after 3" on the two door your going to need to invest in drivelines right?

Whats size tires do you want to run? I'm very please at how my Jk drives with 3" coils and 37's, just flat fenders and longer bump stops. Its great for a DD vehicle and wheeler.

Also, if your lifting to 4" you need a very complete kit or you wont be happy with the steering or driving, track bar brackets and a drop pitman arm is basically a must.

Quick Reply: Coil Springs Question!