Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coil spring sizes

Old 10-19-2021, 09:26 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil spring sizes

I am looking to replace my 4” coil springs with a better riding quality set. I currently have a 4” lift installed in my JK. I am a big tera flex guy but it doesn’t seem like they make duel rated 4” springs. I’m actually coming to find out they don’t make much 4” coil springs for the Jeep Jk. I was wondering if I could get a way with installing 4.5” coil springs which seems to be a more common size these companies make; suggested brands, rock krawler triple rated springs, tera flex duel rated springs and metal cloak duel rated springs.
Old 10-20-2021, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've always been happy with the 4" evo plush ride springs. I've tried others and, for me, I like the evo springs the best for my setup.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

If looking to improve ride quality go down in size 3.5". But also what tires and size are you running and what pressure.
Old 10-21-2021, 04:07 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

I've been running MetalCloak 3.5" coils for 6 years or so. Good ride when compared to the OME HD coils they replaced, but have not tried Teraflex coils for any sort of comparison there.

Quick Reply: Coil spring sizes