Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coil spring/shock change and spacer question

Old 01-01-2013, 03:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by deertick
Very nice!! Yeah I had the steel wheels and all and a guy on here sold me his set of rubi rims and tires brand new for $1000 and then I plasti dipped them and that made such a difference to the look and stance!!

So I want to go 19/60 on the rims and am going to go with the red rubi shocks. So at that point I won't need to change or extend anything. If I do the aev 2 inch lift will those shock extensions work? And will I need to extend the brake lines? I basically want to make everything just an unbolt and swap and not have to get into changing any lines or anything.
I swore I saw an AEV lift with shock extensions. It probably would not hurt to extend brake lines. I've been looking at Currie products. If you can do the springs and shocks the lines will be cake. You can refer to Eddie's write up on bleeding brakes. I followed one of his write ups for suspension lift when I did my springs and shock so that I could also torque everything to correct specs. Heck, I installed everything while reading it step by step on my droid.

Jeepin dad has got some god points as well. I wish I would have aded spacers when I did the change. Will just have to do down the road. Post some pics when you do would love to see before and after.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by catahoula

I swore I saw an AEV lift with shock extensions. It probably would not hurt to extend brake lines. I've been looking at Currie products. If you can do the springs and shocks the lines will be cake. You can refer to Eddie's write up on bleeding brakes. I followed one of his write ups for suspension lift when I did my springs and shock so that I could also torque everything to correct specs. Heck, I installed everything while reading it step by step on my droid.

Jeepin dad has got some god points as well. I wish I would have aded spacers when I did the change. Will just have to do down the road. Post some pics when you do would love to see before and after.
Their spacer lift has shock extensions.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

will surely do that! im going to be ordering everything between this week and next (need a paycheck haha) so im really looking forward to it!! by the end of this month my jeep will be looking very different than it is now. i got an Off Camber front bar and a set of 100w 6" KC HiLites for it, WARN vent scoop (more for the looks), a BANKS RAM air intake, and Gibson catback dual exhaust. just need to find the time to put it all on haha too damn cold out!!

so what brake lines should i get? i dont want to get some crazy high dollar ones for it but dont want some cheap ass ones either.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16315_6050.htm - those any good?
Old 01-01-2013, 06:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice you have some mods in the works! They seem to have some quality products. I do like their replacement suspension hardware. Hopefully others can chime in with their experience with their products. Can't wait to see your pics.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so what brake lines should i get? i dont want to get some crazy high dollar ones for it but dont want some cheap ass ones either.

Synergy Suspension 8066 - Synergy Suspension Stainless Steel Brake Lines for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec - those any good?
I'm sure the synergy ones are fine but they are expensive, you will need 2 pairs. I know alot of people running the crowns without complaint and they will save you about $75.

Crown Performance Products JEEP21FR04 - Crown Performance 5 Layer Custom Extended Brake Lines for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 3"-4" Lift - Quadratec
Old 01-04-2013, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

Here's mine with 18/59 springs

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	405480
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Scampers
Here's mine with 18/59 springs

Attachment 405480
very nice!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

so i just ordered a brand new set of 19/60 springs for my jeep from mopar today and got a set of 4 new take off red rubi shocks for $100 free shipping off ebay. i'll do a before and after shot of how mine looks. i have currently have 14/55s on there now so it should be a pretty nice difference. im gonna ride around on it for awhile and see how i like it and determine whether or not to go with the puck lift as well, i might be happy enough for awhile with the little lift it will get from the new springs and shocks
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Nice you have some mods in the works! They seem to have some quality products. I do like their replacement suspension hardware. Hopefully others can chime in with their experience with their products. Can't wait to see your pics.
I just went through all the comparison pics you have on your profile and its making me so anxious because I love how yours is a little taller than the stock rubis you were shooting next too!

On a side note though, I was wondering where you got your American flag decal you have on your jeep? And how hard was it to take off your factory wrangler sport decals?
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

so i just ordered a brand new set of 19/60 springs for my jeep from mopar today and got a set of 4 new take off red rubi shocks for $100 free shipping off ebay. i'll do a before and after shot of how mine looks. i have currently have 14/55s on there now so it should be a pretty nice difference. im gonna ride around on it for awhile and see how i like it and determine whether or not to go with the puck lift as well, i might be happy enough for awhile with the little lift it will get from the new springs and shocks
You will love the ride. I put on Rubi take off shocks too.

Quick Reply: Coil spring/shock change and spacer question