Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Coil spring lift and electronic sway bar disconnect

Old 08-02-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coil spring lift and electronic sway bar disconnect

Can anyone tell me if your lift height will affect how your electronic sway bar disconnect works. ( going with RUSTYS 2" coils, some say you get 2.5" to 3" of lift). I have a 2 door.
Thanks.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are no issues with having a lift and the electronic sway bar disconnect. I think the only potential risk would be if you didn't get the extended swaybar links and they can hyperextend when the flex is fully dropped out and rebounds back with the links flipped the wrong way. See my set up in my signature...I have never had any problems with my disconnect and I don't believe I've seen anyone else mention of problems with theirs due to a lift.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Get some adjustable sway bar links and you'll be good to go!
Old 08-02-2009, 07:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JIMBO 702
Can anyone tell me if your lift height will affect how your electronic sway bar disconnect works. ( going with RUSTYS 2" coils, some say you get 2.5" to 3" of lift). I have a 2 door...
If you add the 2.5”+ lift and keep the stock links in the front then you’ll probably bend them. Here’s a good example:

If you move stock rear links up front and get new longer ones for the rear you should be OK.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by joe002
If you add the 2.5”+ lift and keep the stock links in the front then you’ll probably bend them. Here’s a good example:

If you move stock rear links up front and get new longer ones for the rear you should be OK.
That was exactly what happened to mine the first time offroad after my lift....

Get longer ones, they are cheap and much better than screwing up your front end. Currie, TeraFlex, RE and Rough Country all make them for cheap....

Quick Reply: Coil spring lift and electronic sway bar disconnect